1.6.0-beta3 released

Appium 1.6.0 Beta 3

The Appium team has been hard at work getting the 1.6.0 beta into full working order.

It can be installed with npm install -g appium@beta

While each install of the beta will pull in the latest changes in dependent drivers (just re-install appium),
Beta 3 also includes support for automating Android devices using UI Automator 2,
the upgraded version of Android’s automation suite. In order to use the new system,
add the automationName capability of UIAutomator2. For more information on the
system and its changes, see here.

Once again, please report any problems on the Appium GitHub repository (please take a moment to search for the same problem already reported) with as much information as possible to diagnose and fix.

3 Likes

Just installed it, seems like it broke everything, beta2 worked fine, this is now not launching webdriver agent, and not even loading it on the sim. i remember when i first got beta 2 working i had to brew install a few packages do i need to reload those?

update…my bootstap file is broken…how could one fix that? says webpack is not found

Android devices and iOS Simulator 10.0 = zero pain with 1.6.0-beta3

@isaac
Am updated the appium with below command
npm install -g appium@beta
When I check the version it still says 1.6.0-beta2, even I restarted the machine also.

When launching for iOS 10 physical device I now get the following error:

No profiles for ‘com.facebook.IntegrationApp’ were found: Xcode couldn’t find a provisioning profile matching ‘com.facebook.IntegrationApp’.
Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 10.0’

Can someone please help me? I have tried quite a few things including manually assigning provisioning profiles to the “WebDriverAgent.xcodeproj” file through XCode8.

Hi, I’m trying to set up my Appium environment for the first time. Do I still need to install Carthage before installing this release? (I’m using XCode8.)