Appium 1.3.5-Beta Released

We’re pleased to announce 1.3.5-Beta is available for download.

CHANGES IN VERSION 1.3.5

iOS

• fix for a bug when driver.get() never returns for page with alert.
  • add iOS 8.2 support.

Android

• now finds the location of adb earlier.
  • ensure encoding closes correcting in Bootstrap.jar.
  • add workaround for issue where UiAUtomator fails to find visible elements.
  • fixed undefined member error for the release object.
  • add a delete key test.

Selendroid

• upgrade to Selendroid 0.13.0.

You can install by running the following npm command:
npm install [email protected].

Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

3 Likes

The .app has had a significant refactor for this release, so I’d like people to give it a try as well. You can download it here.

https://bitbucket.org/appium/appium.app/downloads/appium-1.3.5-beta.dmg

1 Like

I have been waiting for 1.3.5 release to use waitForAppScript option but it seems like this is not included in this release.
The server still complains with error: Unrecognized arguments: --waitForAppScript

Pretty sure that’s a cap and not an arg.

sorry, I misunderstood the usage of this cap.

But even I use waitForAppScript as a cap, it still doesn’t resolve the issue around this: https://github.com/appium/appium/issues/4178

Appium still does not work in some case if the alert of push notification pops up so early

I recommend commenting on that issue then so the devs become aware the problem isn’t resolved.

Is new .app having this fix?

Hi,

I’m new to Appium. I had installed v1.3.4 earlier and now trying to upgrade to this beta release
“npm install [email protected]” ;
but got the error below:
Am I not doing the right way? Can you please guide?

"> [email protected] install /Users/admin/node_modules/appium/node_modules/ws

(node-gyp rebuild 2> builderror.log) || (exit 0)

CXX(target) Release/obj.target/bufferutil/src/bufferutil.o
SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/bufferutil.node
SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/bufferutil.node: Finished
CXX(target) Release/obj.target/validation/src/validation.o
SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/validation.node
SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/validation.node: Finished
npm WARN engine [email protected]: wanted: {“node”:“0.8.x”} (current: {“node”:“0.10.35”,“npm”:“1.4.28”})
npm WARN engine [email protected]: wanted: {“node”:“0.8.x”} (current: {“node”:“0.10.35”,“npm”:“1.4.28”})

[email protected] install /Users/admin/node_modules/appium/node_modules/socket.io/node_modules/engine.io/node_modules/ws

[email protected] install /Users/admin/node_modules/appium/node_modules/socket.io/node_modules/socket.io-client/node_modules/engine.io-client/node_modules/ws

npm ERR! Error: EACCES, mkdir ‘/Users/admin/.npm/_git-remotes/git-github-com-vojtajina-traceur-compiler-f4c43c65’
npm ERR! { [Error: EACCES, mkdir ‘/Users/admin/.npm/_git-remotes/git-github-com-vojtajina-traceur-compiler-f4c43c65’]
npm ERR! errno: 3,
npm ERR! code: ‘EACCES’,
npm ERR! path: ‘/Users/admin/.npm/_git-remotes/git-github-com-vojtajina-traceur-compiler-f4c43c65’,
npm ERR! parent: ‘gulp-traceur’ }
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Please try running this command again as root/Administrator.

npm ERR! System Darwin 14.0.0
npm ERR! command “node” “/usr/local/bin/npm” “install” “[email protected]
npm ERR! cwd /Users/admin
npm ERR! node -v v0.10.35
npm ERR! npm -v 1.4.28
npm ERR! path /Users/admin/.npm/_git-remotes/git-github-com-vojtajina-traceur-compiler-f4c43c65
npm ERR! code EACCES
npm ERR! errno 3
npm ERR! stack Error: EACCES, mkdir ‘/Users/admin/.npm/_git-remotes/git-github-com-vojtajina-traceur-compiler-f4c43c65’
npm ERR! not ok code 0
"

@silvernsmile

Can you try manually creating the directory “/Users/admin/.npm/_git-remotes/git-github-com-vojtajina-traceur-compiler-f4c43c65”? The mkdir cmd is where it all goes wrong, looks like.

These release is for window also?

@vijay_kumar Appium is cross-platform, so any release should work on Windows, OSX, and Linux.

You may be thinking of the GUIs (eg Appium.exe) which provide platform-specific wrappers. The GUIs are maintained separately, so you will have to inquire with the Appium.exe team regarding the ETA.

I can confirm the issue in bug Notification alert in iOS8 causes Appium session start to fail due to reported instruments crash on startup · Issue #4178 · appium/appium · GitHub appears to be uncorrected. I’ve updated the original bug report.

i find only mac o.s version of 1.3.5 in appium.org site

I installed it in OSX and noticed the settings dialogs are different now and seem to have dark text that is hard to read. Is this a known issue?

1 Like

I did the upgrade successfully but when I start it via command line it show 1.3.4. Do I need to do something else?

1 Like

@Brian Agreed, the accessibility of the 1.3.5-beta Appium.app settings dialogs is poor. You have a grey text over a grey background. There’s not enough contrast and it’s challenging to read.

Logged bug here: https://github.com/appium/appium-dot-app/issues/456

I had the same problem and the only way I can install 1.3.5-beta successfully is to uninstall node then reinstall everything. I know it is a bad way but that’s all I can do

do we have build for windows as .dmg is for OSX rite?

The mac version has a bug, the iOS dialog is not working, i see the android dialog twice.
when clicking on iOS/ android icon

1 Like