Appium 1.6.5 has been released. The new version of Appium Desktop that's bundled with Appium 1.6.5 will be released on Monday, May 29th.
Appium 1.6.5 fixes many issues and continues the trend to make more aspects of
the automation process configurable.
--enable-heapdump server flag to turn on NodeJS memory dump collection,
to aid in memory management.
- Better logging of erroneous responses.
- Full support of W3C specification's handling of capabilities.
- Fix licensing in all dependencies.
- Fix backgrounding of app.
androidInstallPath capability to specify where on the device apps are installed.
- Speed up taking screenshots on Android 5.0 and higher devices.
- Fix handling of activity names that are inner classes.
- Support latest Android SDK directory structure.
- Fix issue where granting permissions would fail if there were too many.
- Fix handling of parent element information when finding elements.
Android - UIAutomator 2
- Fix handling of boolean return values.
skipUnlock capability to skip the device unlock process.
- Fix issue where setting the network connection would crash.
enableAsyncExecuteFromHttps capability to allow simulators to execute
- Allow setting url in native context, for opening deep links.
- Better memory management when capturing device logs.
webkitResponseTimeout capability to adjust the timeout for responses in
Safari real device tests.
enablePerformanceLogging capability (previously Android-only) to turn on
performance logging in Safari tests.
iOS - XCUITest
- Fully support
clearSystemFiles desired capability, deleting the derived data
longPress duration, to be milliseconds.
mobile: selectPickerWheelValue method to aid in interacting with picker wheels.
mobile: alert method to enable passing of
buttonLabel option, to handle
alerts with non-standard button names.
- Fix hanging if an app is not installed and only bundle identifier is given in
platformVersion to be a number or a string.