Appium and its versions

1. What is the difference between Appium Version, Appium Server Version and Appium Desktop version.
    I installed Appium Desktop 1.6.2 on my windows system but when I launch the Appium UI I see Start server V1.8.1

2. What is that we are launching when we double click Appium icon after installation. Is it Appium server or Appium Desktop or what is that.?

Appium Desktop is an open source app for Mac, Windows, and Linux which gives you the power of the Appium automation server in a beautiful and flexible UI. It is a combination of a few Appium-related tools:

• A graphical interface for the Appium Server. You can set options, start/stop the server, see logs, etc… You also don’t need to use Node/NPM to install Appium, as the Node runtime comes bundled with Appium Desktop.

• An Inspector that you can use to look at your app’s elements, get basic information about them, and perform basic interactions with them. This is useful as a way to learn about Appium or as a way to learn about your app so you can write tests for it.

Thanks for the reply but my question is 1.What is the difference between Appium Version, Appium Server Version and Appium Desktop version.
I installed Appium Desktop 1.6.2 on my windows system but when I launch the Appium UI/desktop icon, I see Start server V1.8.1

what is version 1.6.2 and 1.8.1