Appium getting freeze after long run

When I am executing my automated test scripts in Android real device more than 3 hours continuously, Appium getting freeze. I think it is because of log creating in Appium screen. Is there any method to delete appium log screen run time by Java. or any other solution for this
I faced this issue from Appium 1.0 to 1.3.4

Is there any method to closed and open (and click on launch) by Java or command prompt, so that I can add that code in the automation framework.

System used,
Windows 7 SP1 (64 bit)
RAM: 8 GB
Processor: Intel Core i5

I tried in 32 system also with different configuration, facing same issue.

1 Like

Hi, I have a same problem but I couldn’t find any solution.

Any solution for this issue? Please provide the Java code to open appium and launch or clean the log which is creating in the appium screen. I hope it may resolve this issue as it is generating huge amount of logs while executing continuously.

@Fayizkc please follow the link where u can start and stop appium server programatically

1 Like

Hi All,

Somehow we are abled to overcome Appium server freezing issue (which also helps improving execution time to some extent).

Here is my blog on the same :

Thanks a lot for the solution, I added following commands in cmd (LaunchAppium.bat).

"C:/Appium/node.exe" "C:/Appium/node_modules/appium/bin/Appium.js"

Then calling this bat file from my execution batch as

start cmd.exe /k LaunchAppium.bat

and finally once execution completed

taskkill /F /IM node.exe

It worked fine for me… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi,

We’re also facing the same freezing issue with iOS app. While automating our application, App gets freezing and the device is usually hanging and turns into unresponsive state.

Has anyone workaround on this issue, please let us know.

Configuration used:
Mac osx 10.9.5v
iOS 9.3.2v
Appium 1.5.3v
Xcode 7.2.1v
Node 6.3v.

Regards,
Bhaskar.

@bhaskar,
I also faced same issue.
Try to disable different logs(NSLogs, console logs) of your iOS app.
This has worked for me.

Thanks Sush,

Will try this !!
and still any one has more suggestions on this issue?

Regards,
Bhaskar.

The freezing issue is still existing even though after disabled all the logging. Hope will have more suggestions other than logging.

Thanks,
Bhaskar.