Appium - Hide Keyboard, so that i cannot locate element

@Degard Basically, its an search scenario: I entered the text a search and search results comes in iOS Simulator Screen.

But the keyboard is not getting dismissed, because of this; I believe, because of keyboard , I am not able to locate the element.

WorkArounds Tried:

1. Disabled the option from Simulator/Hardware/ Keyboard/Connect hardware keyboard

Environment:
Java-client 6.1
Appium Desktop 1.6.2

Error Stack Trace:
Exception in thread “main” org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Error Domain=com.facebook.WebDriverAgent Code=1 “Keyboard is not present” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Keyboard is not present}

What about using unicodeKeyboard = true with capabilities to hide the keyboard permanently

Did you tried, hope that should work

Thanks
Saurabh

I tried this one !
driver.findElementByName(“accountTextField”).sendKeys("[email protected]");
// while (((IOSDriver) driver).isKeyboardShown()) {
try {
driver.hideKeyboard();

} catch (Exception e) {

}
   // }

//driver.findElementByName("accountTextField").setValue("[email protected]");
    driver.findElementByName("passwordTextField").sendKeys("qwerty1");
    driver.findElementByAccessibilityId("actionLabel").click();

This worked to resolve the above issue.

Now, the scenario is to search for element . I can locate the search element and sendkeys to that ! search list appears. but the keyboard is still appearing in my simulator. so the issue says now “An element could not be located on the page using the given search parameters”

@jhaskumar can you pls invite me to the discourse group and also slack community of appium. I am beginner in the appium automation . Need help in building a framework for the sanity test.

Can i connect through linkedin ? Pls say your full name…Thanks

1 Like

Is it issue resolved because Im getting same issue