Appium server sends cache values to the mobile

Hi Team,

I send the values via SendKeys("[email protected]") only from Client. Also the values reach to Appium server as "[email protected]".

But the Appium server send the values to the mobile as " 5172 8208 0000 [email protected]".

Here " 5172 8208 0000 9997" - existing field value.

I used Appium v1.10.0 (.exe format)

Kindly let me know! how to fix this issue. Thanks!

Appium Logs:

[AndroidBootstrap] [BOOTSTRAP LOG] [debug] Returning result: {“status”:0,“value”:{“ELEMENT”:“7”}}

[HTTP] --> POST /wd/hub/session/8ffe1a35-ccbd-4e1d-b581-513499f72c21/element/7/value

[HTTP] {“id”:“7”,“text”:“[email protected]”,“value”:[“c”,“s”,“v”,“e”,“l”,“9”,“3”,"@",“g”,“m”,“a”,“i”,“l”,".",“c”,“o”,“m”]}

[W3C (8ffe1a35)] Calling AppiumDriver.setValue() with args: [[“c”,“s”,“v”,“e”,“l”,“9”,“3”,"@",“g”,“m”,“a”,“i”,“l”,".",“c”,“o”,“m”],“7”,“8ffe1a35-ccbd-4e1d-b581-513499f72c21”]

[AndroidBootstrap] Sending command to android: {“cmd”:“action”,“action”:“element:setText”,“params”:{“elementId”:“7”,“text”:“[email protected]”,“replace”:false}}

[AndroidBootstrap] [BOOTSTRAP LOG] [debug] Got data from client: {“cmd”:“action”,“action”:“element:setText”,“params”:{“elementId”:“7”,“text”:“[email protected]”,“replace”:false}}

[AndroidBootstrap] [BOOTSTRAP LOG] [debug] Got command of type ACTION

[AndroidBootstrap] [BOOTSTRAP LOG] [debug] Got command action: setText

[AndroidBootstrap] [BOOTSTRAP LOG] [debug] Using element passed in: 7

[AndroidBootstrap] [BOOTSTRAP LOG] [debug] Attempting to clear using UiObject.clearText().

[AndroidBootstrap] [BOOTSTRAP LOG] [debug] Sending plain text to element: 5172 8208 0000 [email protected]

[AndroidBootstrap] Received command result from bootstrap

[W3C (8ffe1a35)] Responding to client with driver.setValue() result: true

[HTTP] <-- POST /wd/hub/session/8ffe1a35-ccbd-4e1d-b581-513499f72c21/element/7/value 200 6268 ms - 14

[HTTP]

Tough without seeing your code. Are you using ‘clear’ on the element before populating?

https://appium.io/docs/en/commands/element/actions/clear/

Also, this seems suspicious:

[AndroidBootstrap] Sending command to android: {“cmd”:“action”,“action”:“element:setText”,“params”:{“elementId”:“7”,“text”:“[email protected]”,“replace”:false}}

I don’t know the code you are using. Do you have an option to set, ‘replace’ to true?

Thanks.
After using clear();
Its working