Automatic signing is unable to resolve an issue with the "WebDriverAgentRunner" target's entitlements

We are not able to sign “WebDriverAgentRunner” target whereas we are able to successfully sign “Integration App” target.

What we are using?
Appium - 1.11.1
Xcode - 10.1
Mac Mojave OS

What we are automating?
React Native app

Under target - WebDriverAgentRunner, in signing, when we choose our Personal Account, it throws the following error:

Automatic signing is unable to resolve an issue with the “WebDriverAgentRunner” target’s entitlements.

Switch to manual signing and resolve the issue by downloading a matching provisioning profile from the developer website. Alternatively, to continue using automatic signing, remove these entitlements from your entitlements file and their associated functionality from your code.

Provisioning profile “iOS Team Provisioning Profile: com.WebDriverAgentRunner” doesn’t match the entitlements file’s value for the get-task-allow entitlement.

What we tried?

1. Cleared the ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles and tried again.
  2. Cleared the DerivedData and tried again.
  3. Removed the account and added again.

But none of the above worked for me. Some of the accepted answers is asking us to update the entitlement file. But for this WebDriverAgentRunner, we don’t even have entitlement file.

Kindly help me on this issue.

2 Likes

Even am facing the same issue, I tried the manual signing option as well even there am facing the same

I am also facing same issue, i am using free account. Please help!

Even I am facing the same issue from past two days. Please let us know whether it is due to free account issue or any other issue…Please help…

I encountered keychain-access-groups entitlement issue with personal free account a couple of days ago. (It was able to build maybe a couple of months ago)
It was not only WDA, but also a new app project with Xcode new app.
Org account worked.

Are you asking us to use org account instead of personal free account?

I don’t have org account. Any other workaround?

1 Like

Hi, have anyone found a solution to this issue ?

No.
This is FYI since the root cause could be Apple’s singing system.

If you could build a new Xcode project for a real device with your personal account, we probably can find workaround.
(In my case, I could not find do that.)

1 Like

@KazuCocoa , I was trying to Create new project in Xcode and launch the created app but am getting pop up saying " iPhone has denied to launch the app" . Can you please confirm if this is the way to create the Xcode project?

I think you should “trust” your machine or your account via settings like https://appaloosa-store.readme.io/docs/ios-installing-and-trusting-an-enterprise-app

I have built a new Xcode project fro a real device and lunch the app successfully wifh
my free account.
But webdriveragent build failed,error message: Provisioning profile “iOS Team Provisioning Profile: com.WebDriverAgentRunner” doesn’t match the entitlements file’s value for the get-task-allow entitlement.

Same issue here, keeps on getting the “Provisioning profile doesn’t match the entitlements file’s value for the get-task-allow entitlement.”

I’m facing the same problem. I managed to launch the " IntegrationApp" in my phone but not the “WebDriverAgent” app.
Any help please.

Looks like I have solved this issue by adding a new account and create a new Apple ID to provisioning profile

1 Like

@Derrick did you manage to launch the “WebDriverAgentRunner” App in your phone with the new account?

Yes I did, and it is now working fine

I added a new account, and it works now. Thanks @Derrick.

@Derrick, @tamouna You people created new ‘Personal Free Account’?

I used Apple ID to create new regular account, not sure about the “Personal Free Account”.

Yes, I created a new Free Personal Account.