Automation Testing of 3rd App such as MS Teams in iOS device

Hi,

Tried launching teams ipa file in iOS device.Its getting installed but after that getting the following error.

An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Unable to launch WebDriverAgent because of xcodebuild failure: xcodebuild failed with code 65 xcodebuild error message: . Make sure you follow the tutorial at https://github.com/appium/appium-xcuitest-driver/blob/master/docs/real-device-config.md. Try to remove the WebDriverAgentRunner application from the device if it is installed and reboot the device.

Please suggest the solution.
I have to automate preinstalled MS Teams app in iOS device for which no ipa/app is available.

what exactly from link above you tried to solve issue?

Hi Aleksei,

I followed all the steps mentioned in this tutorial still getting error.

write what you did. write your appium server version and ios device version.

PS i like manual part of real device config. like:

• install appium with npm command
  • navigate to WDA folder
  • execute one command from full manual guide
  • open WDA project in xCode
  • add developer signature
  • build runner for ANY device

appium server version : 1.21.0
ios device version : iPad(6th gen)

• install appium with npm command - done
  • navigate to WDA folder - done
  • execute one command from full manual guide - done
  • open WDA project in xCode - project is not available have to automate preinstalled app i.e teams
  • add developer signature - done
  • build runner for ANY device - done

Just in case you enabled developer mode on phone?

PS you can try manually command that fail in therminal.

PPS phone udid added to signature as test device?

You are misunderstanding this step. This project is part of Appium. It is not MS Teams app. Can you read again and do the steps. Without WDA, Appium will not work and you will get the error 65 again.

add developer signature - done
build runner for ANY device - done

I don’t believe that these were done because of above misunderstanding. If you don’t open the project, how can you do these?

Implemented all the mentioned steps WDA application is also getting installed in device.

MS Teams app is also getting installed in device but after that app is not getting launch and getting the following error :
An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Unable to launch WebDriverAgent because of xcodebuild failure: xcodebuild failed with code 65 xcodebuild error message: . Make sure you follow the tutorial at https://github.com/appium/appium-xcuitest-driver/blob/master/docs/real-device-config.md. Try to remove the WebDriverAgentRunner application from the device if it is installed and reboot the device.