Book Release : Learn Mobile Test Automation with appium

Glad to share that my book on appium titled Mobile Test Automation with Appium is now available for purchase.

Order your copy here

About This Book

• How to automate testing with Appium
  • Apply techniques for creating comprehensive tests
  • How to test on physical devices or emulators
  • Discover Appium and how to set up an automation framework for mobile testing
  • Understand desired capabilities and learn to find element locators
  • Learn to automate gestures and synchronize tests using Appium
  • Take an incremental approach to implement page object pattern
  • Learn to run Appium tests on emulators or physical devices
  • Set up Jenkins to run mobile automation tests by easy to learn steps
  • Discover tips and tricks to record video of test execution, inter app automation concepts
  • Learn to run Appium tests in parallel on multiple devices simultaneously

Who This Book Is For
Are you a mobile developer or a software tester who wishes to use Appium for your test automation? If so, then this is the right book for you. You must have basic Java programming knowledge. You don’t need to have prior knowledge of Appium.

What You Will Learn

• Discover Appium and how to set up an automation framework for mobile testing
  • Understand desired capabilities and learn to find element locators
  • Learn to automate gestures and synchronize tests using Appium
  • Take an incremental approach to implement page object pattern
  • Learn to run Appium tests on emulators or physical devices
  • Set up Jenkins to run mobile automation tests by easy to learn steps
  • Discover tips and tricks to record video of test execution, inter app automation concepts
  • Learn to run Appium tests in parallel on multiple devices simultaneously

Happy Reading !
Nishant

1 Like

Wow, $654 for the kindle edition, and over $3,000 for a paperback seems a little steep. I suddenly feel like I should write a book.

Oops you didn’t take a look at the currency, it’s in INR. USD equivalent is $9.6 and $39.99.
https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Automation-Appium-Nishant-Verma-ebook/dp/B0711Y4HTD?encoding=UTF8&keywords=mobile%20test%20automation%20with%20appium&qid=1498972366&ref=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Thanks for clearing that up! My bad on not seeing it’s INR.

What can this book provide that google can’t?

@kcinman11358 You can google everything except finding God :slight_smile:

On a little serious note, challenge with Open source is you need a good hand holding for folks who are beginning. Experienced folks like you and many other may not benefit much from the book as you are already a practitioner. But someone who is starting will always find challenge in finding resources be it online or offline.

This book is an attempt to save the time and provide them a practical guidance to learn an awesome tool Appium and also learn the art of framework development. I am also trying to push Cucumber as part of this book to increase awareness towards BDD and adoption.

This book is written in away that you can replace appium with any other tool and it will help you develop a test automation framework.

This is just my share of contribution towards making a better testing force in industry.

Happy to hear your thoughts !

Nishant.

1 Like

@Nishant_Verma completely agree with your views. Referring to a book will always help; rather than going through hundreds of blogs, videos etc ( few of them may not be giving optimized solutions )

Kudos for pushing BDD & Cucumber culture through the book. From my 15 years of QA experience I can surely say it saves team from “You Burn, I’ll Scrape” culture.

Regards,
Vikram

2 Likes

Also special thanks to @Nishant_Verma and team for sharing framework Introducing Optimus - An open source test framework using Appium with the community.

It saves tons of man hours and reinventing wheel.

Regards,
Vikram

2 Likes

Glad you are finding it useful @VikramVI
Would love to hear your feedback and suggestions on how we can better Optimus.

Thanks,
Nishant