Can't start Android app from Appium desktop

Hello.

I try to run Android app with Appium Desktop and have error … Is anyone can explain what this means . "

[MJSONWP] Encountered internal error running command: Error: Error executing adbExec. Original error: ‘Command ‘/Users/BLABLABLA/Library/Android/sdk/platform-tools/adb -P 5037 -s 192.168.56.101:5555 shell pm install -r /data/local/tmp/c4d8f2e118480855116c48142f620f59.apk’ exited with code 1’; Stderr: ‘Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_TEST_ONLY: installPackageLI]’; Code: ‘1’

"

My capability:
{
“deviceName”: “Android Emulator”,
“app”: “/Users/ZZZ/work/from_git/oneApp-android/oneapp/build/outputs/apk/auto/debug/oneapp-auto-debug.apk”,
“platformName”: “Android”
}

1 Like

Is “Android Emulator” the name that shows up when you type “adb devices”? I think it normally shows a name of something like “emulator-5554”.

try to check - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25274296/adb-install-fails-with-install-failed-test-only

It was fixed after update gradle from 3.5 to 4.1

How do you make appium

execute adb install -t

?

@igal_epshtein not Appium. it is console command. do it manually on machine where tests are running

ofcourse , I got that , but how do I enforce appium to install the app ?

currently , since update to AS 3 , this functionality is broken

NOTE: I had to add "allowTestPackages": "true", to my capabilities. For us, that’s defined in the e2e schemes of package.json.