Help me) appium-doctor.js modules.js:341 throw err;

Last login: Mon May 9 16:05:06 on ttys000
USER-MacBook-Pro:~ USER$ ‘/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node/bin/node’ ‘/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/bin/appium-doctor.js’
module.js:341
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module ‘/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/bin/appium-doctor.js’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:339:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:290:25)
at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:447:10)
at startup (node.js:146:18)
at node.js:404:3

environment
Appium ver : 1.4.13
Java Version : 1.8.0_92

Your Help, you can save one life. : )

see the appium-doctor is missing in latest appium.

to resolve follow these steps:

1. npm install -g appium-doctor
  2. It will successfully install appium doctor & to see the location of appium-doctor run npm install -g appium-doctor again
  3. goto the path received in step 2 to the location of folder where appium-doctor is located
  4. type command cp -R appium-doctor /Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/bin/

this will install appium doctor to your appium location and will resolve the issue.

Hope this helps

1 Like

I AM FACING SAME ISSUE AND IN TROUBLE ,
@thebadguy your solution is not worked for me can you please suggest me another solution

HI ,

it didnt work for me… can you give some more details…

i have installed npm using sudo… with npm install -g appium-doctor it is NOT installed , it thrown errors related to folder permissions.

please help me out, i am struggling

Hi,I face the same issue at today almost 2 years later.I’m not realy solve the issue ,but when I remove the file ‘.npmrc’ in my user’s home directory , it works!

I know it’s too later ,but reply you ,maybe some other peoples ,when they face the same situation like us ,it can helps~

ps:I’m not good at speak english, hope you can read it…