How to select allow option please guide

@dhananjay see your appium version:

Welcome to Appium v1.4.16 (REV ae6877eff263066b26328d457bd285c0cc62430d)

pls update :-). how you start appium?

After entering the npm commands u have given I am getting this on command prompt

I start Appium manually by clicking directly, sorry I m trobling u, I m begginer so plz cooperate.

@dhananjay try again. start manually appium with debug log level.

1. in console with ā€œappium --log-level debugā€
  2. start your test. and check that logs will appear in your console.
1 Like

I have entered the Appium --log-level debug in command prompt after this I am getting :Uploadingā€¦

Sir, no logs are appearing in my consoleUploadingā€¦

@dhananjay letā€™s start from begining :slight_smile:
oiā€¦ ignore this

1 Like

I have to operate this alerts, so how I can operate??? How to select allow option please guide

@dhananjay check private messages. let\s go there.

I canā€™t see the alert dialogue after setting the auto grants permission capability but my code throws NoSuchElementException. Can you please explain why?

@amarKumar little bit not clear.

1. do you need to see this or not? (just in case maybe you need to test behavior when you choose Yes/No with this dialog)
  2. about ā€œNoSuchā€¦ā€: we do not have your app and your code or appium logs. so we hardly can tell why you see this. share little bit more info.

Making myself a bit more clear. I have an app in which I need to allow the permission for using Camera. My application also asks for the permission to access location for which I took the id of the Allow button of the alert and clicked on it. It worked there. But when I tried the same thing with the Camera permission, it didnā€™t work. I enabled the auto grants of permissions, the pop-up didnā€™t come but later on I got NoSuchElement Exception.

use this capability it will allow all the alerts:
cap.setCapability(ā€œautoGrantPermissionsā€, ā€œtrueā€);

also check the url properly on which address ur using is correct or not.
i.e
driver = new AndroidDriver(new URL(ā€œhttp://0.0.0.0:4723/wd/hubā€),cap);

@amarKumar so at least auto grant permission works for you. and you do not see permissions. add your ā€œlaterā€ code where you meet problem.