I am having trouble with running first sample code using eclipse with appium

Hi, I’m using this sample calculator code on Eclipse, using selenium with TestNG, and Appium Server.

[RemoteTestNG] detected TestNG version 6.14.2
FAILED CONFIGURATION: @BeforeClass setUp
org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir ‘C:\Users\Caramel QA\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk;\build-tools’ (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

P.S. I have set the environment variable ANDROID_HOME as "C:\Users\QA\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk"

Please guide me on resolving this issue.

Do you have tools and platform-tools set as path variable

Please check if adb recognizes your device and confirm

Could you also check if “android-sdks” folder are existing under your C:\Users\username folder

Thanks
Saurabh

I’m using eclipse Luna with Appium latest version for Android.
Adb lists my emulator on CMD.

Please tell me i have done right for ANDROID_HOME?

I have changed the path to:

Paths: Eclipse>Run Configuration>>Environment>>>ANDROID_HOME | C:\Users\QA\android-sdks
Environment Variable (Control Panel): ANDROID_HOME | C:\Users\QA\android-sdks

And Compile Time Errors changed to
[RemoteTestNG] detected TestNG version 6.14.2
FAILED CONFIGURATION: @BeforeClass setUp
org.openqa.selenium.remote.UnreachableBrowserException: Could not start a new session. Possible causes are invalid address of the remote server or browser start-up failure.
Build info: version: ‘3.9.1’, revision: ‘63f7b50’, time: ‘2018-02-07T22:42:28.403Z’
System info: host: ‘ZEESHANK’, ip: ‘192.168.80.48’, os.name: ‘Windows 7’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘6.1’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_151’
Driver info: driver.version: RemoteWebDriver

I think there is something wrong with your ANDROID_HOME path. The error says it is looking in ‘C:\Users\Caramel QA\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk;\build-tools’. First off, there shouldn’t be a semicolon in there. Second, you say you have ANDROID_HOME set to ‘C:\Users\QA\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk’, which is not the same as the path it’s looking for.

org.openqa.selenium.remote.UnreachableBrowserException: --> Normally happens if appium server is not started properly or if you give wrong address/port value while instantiating driver.

@thedefside
I updated the path for ANDROID_HOME and the error changed to session thing.

Now I guess my configurations didn’t work out well or server wasn’t started properly.
I am been giving 127.0.0.1:4723 in Appium.

What I should do to make sure configurations work and server starts properly?

What values do you suggest? I am using 127.0.0.1 and 4723.
What i should change to make it work?

@zeek49, I´ve the same issue :frowning: