I get such Error: '.view.TextFields' used to start the app doesn't exist or cannot be launched! Make sure it exists and is a launchable activity

Hello everyone!
I need your help.
Im trying to launch my app, but even my app installs on an emulator, Appium can’t open it and returns me this Error message:
“An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Cannot start the ‘io.appium.android.apis’ application. Visit https://github.com/appium/appium/blob/master/docs/en/writing-running-appium/android/activity-startup.md for troubleshooting. Original error: Activity name ‘.view.TextFields’ used to start the app doesn’t exist or cannot be launched! Make sure it exists and is a launchable activity”

Please, tell me, how I could fix this Error.
Ive tried in the same conditions to install and launch the example.apk from Appium web site - everything worked correctly and I could look for its locators in Appium desktop. But I can’t do it with my own app((

This is my json:

My Appium server:

Node: 16.10.0
Java: 11.0.12
Appium Desktop: 1.21.0

Thanks for help!

try:

capabilities.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.AUTOMATION_NAME, AutomationName.ANDROID_UIAUTOMATOR2);
capabilities.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.PLATFORM_NAME, MobilePlatform.ANDROID);
capabilities.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.DEVICE_NAME,"Pixel 4");
capabilities.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.APP, "your_path_to_apk");
capabilities.setCapability(AndroidMobileCapabilityType.APP_WAIT_ACTIVITY, "*") // !!!!!!;

appPackage and appActivity no need while you have “apk” (at least in most cases).

1 Like

Ive fixed it already, thanks for help)) My problem was in appActivity - I put wrong value.