IOS predicate use

I’m looking to use predicate for finding elements as I read that Xpath should not be used and replaced with findElementByIosUIAutomation.

The Xpath looks like:
name: Pay a Bill
type: UIAButton
value:
label: Pay a Bill
enabled: true
visible: false
valid: true
size: {394, 44}
xpath: //UIAApplication[1]/UIAWindow[1]/UIATableView[1]/UIAButton[4]

In trying to test this logic out, I’ve created this snippet to press a button. I’m I coding predicate wrong?

wait.until(ExpectedConditions.elementToBeClickable(((IOSDriver<?>) driver)
        .findElementByIosUIAutomation(".buttons().firstWithPredicate(\"name CONTAINS 'Pay a Bill' \")"))).click();

It does not find it and reports the following error:

*** Element info: {Using=-ios uiautomation, value=.buttons().firstWithPredicate("name CONTAINS ‘Pay a Bill’ ")}
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.createThrowable(ErrorHandler.java:206)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:158)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:678)
at io.appium.java_client.DefaultGenericMobileDriver.execute(DefaultGenericMobileDriver.java:42)
at io.appium.java_client.AppiumDriver.execute(AppiumDriver.java:1)
at io.appium.java_client.ios.IOSDriver.execute(IOSDriver.java:1)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.findElement(RemoteWebDriver.java:363)
at io.appium.java_client.ios.IOSDriver.findElementByIosUIAutomation(IOSDriver.java:173)
at com.cri.fnbo.ios.accounts.PayABillDetails.payABillNotEnrolledInBillPay(PayABillDetails.java:100)

generally searching a string will make bit confused as there is much difference with CONTAINS, MATCHES, LIKE,etc…hence I suggest better to with the index values which might be precise and the XPath you got will guide you much better but please be careful the value displayed with XPath will be one value more than the predicate value hence your xpath: //UIAApplication[1]/UIAWindow[1]/UIATableView[1]/UIAButton[4] can be written as “.tableViews[0].buttons[3]”