Issue in Spying Apple Call kit incoming Call screen components

@Aleksei

I cannot spy the incoming screen components of the native call kit on iOS via appium inspector. When the incoming screen is visible in the Appium inspector for spying, it does not show the following components Accept, reject and caller phone number / name details in the application. Instead it shows the iPhone home screen application icon components in the app source.

Kindly let me know the solution to automate the device call kit screen in iOS.

Sorry i do not use appium gui. I use mostly page source of page.

@Aleksei

Without Appium gui, will it possible to automate in iOS?

How will u get the page source of the page and how will u make XPath/ID from the page source ? Kindly provide some more info on this to automate the call kit screen.

i use command line appium and install it with ‘npm’ command. see http://appium.io/ ->

@Aleksei

I used getPageSource function and below is the page source of call kit screen.

In which, I couldn’t see the Accept /Decline button hierarchies.

</XCUIElementTypeWindow>\
  <XCUIElementTypeWindow type="XCUIElementTypeWindow" enabled="true" visible="false" x="0" y="0" width="414" height="736">\
    <XCUIElementTypeOther type="XCUIElementTypeOther" enabled="true" visible="false" x="0" y="0" width="414" height="736"/>\
  <XCUIElementTypeWindow type="XCUIElementTypeWindow" enabled="true" visible="true" x="0" y="0" width="414" height="86">\
    <XCUIElementTypeOther type="XCUIElementTypeOther" enabled="true" visible="true" x="0" y="0" width="414" height="86">\
      <XCUIElementTypeOther type="XCUIElementTypeOther" enabled="true" visible="true" x="0" y="0" width="414" height="86">\
        <XCUIElementTypeStaticText type="XCUIElementTypeStaticText" value="Incoming call tel:615 Meena Test" name="Incoming call tel:615 Meena Test" label="Incoming call tel:615 Meena Test" enabled="true" visible="true" x="50" y="0" width="314" height="86"/>\
        <XCUIElementTypeButton type="XCUIElementTypeButton" name="Close" label="Close" enabled="true" visible="true" x="363" y="26" width="34" height="34"/>\
      </XCUIElementTypeOther>\
    </XCUIElementTypeOther>\

getPageSource_CallKit.txt (12.5 KB)

Well means these buttons not accessible. If it not your app part nothing can be done. Otherwise ask dev to make buttons accessible. Also may try just take left or right part of whole screen and tap there.

Any update on the automating ios call kit screen components in appium ?

Appium cant see anything more than XCUITest itself.

Only developer of app can workaround problem and make elements accessible.

You can double check with xCode layout inspector what you see.

1 Like