Need appium documentation using Python language

Hello ,
I am new to appium. I want to automate a desktop application using appium. Basically I am good in Python language. I am exploring appium for testing the application on win10 platform.
It would be really nice if I get any documentation available for appium using python.

Thank you

I have been using appium python binding to drive mobile apps, the docs are missing, but basically asside from a few plces where the api semantics are not pythonesque, the java functions docs are what you have to use. all java functions get converted to python _ style.

currently breaking into browser based testing on desktop now, and finding the examples to use webdriver lacking myself.

1 Like

4 years on and Iā€™m still struggling to find canonical bindings documentation.
Anyone got clues on how to do this by cracking open the github sources instead?

Can you take a real close look (and if youā€™ve done this before, please do it again) at the github page for Python client, and explain exactly what it is that you canā€™t find there?

Honest question, Iā€™m really looking to help here, but Iā€™m not seeing what is missing.

1 Like

Things like the ā€˜sourceā€™ property are not listed for some reason, in the python bindings there. So I use java examples most of the time to work things out backwards, especially when it comes to the mobile:xxxx extensions, unless you implement these yourself via other tools, finding a java example of what parameters to supply to them would require guesswork. Often the source code itself is also very helpful, I read that over google searches , which donā€™t help much.

Ok, I can see that. Most of the Python bindings are in the submodules, but this is in the driver itself. Does it help if I point out the ā€œRead the Docsā€ link? Please correct me if this is not what you are looking for:
https://appium.readthedocs.io/en/latest/en/commands/session/source/

Is that the MobileCommand module? Like this:
https://appium.github.io/python-client-sphinx/webdriver.html#module-webdriver.mobilecommand

I agree, I often read the unit tests as I find them the most informative.

So it seems to me that the documentation is out there, but maybe could be linked better. I hope that linking them here helps. Let me know if Iā€™ve gotten the pain points wrong and I will try to link to the proper documentation.