Provisioning profile "mobileApplicaiton" doesn't include signing certificate "iPhone Developer:

Hi All, I am getting Provisioning profile “mobileApplication” doesn’t include signing certificate “iPhone Developer”. When i googled i couldn’t get the correct answer , i got something like Keychain access etc., but i am not sure what to do. I have a valid company apple account and i have the certificates even in the apple id account. I am finding this issue in Xcode. If i use Automatic enable signin , i am getting issue as xcode error -65 and the issue is as "No “iOS Development” signing certificate matching team ID “Teamid” with a private key was found. (in target ‘WebDriverAgentLib’)

It looks like your app’s certificates and profiles may be setup correctly but the WDA part of the iOS equation is not. Have you been able to put WDA on your device as described here?

Hi Smitty, When i select enable automatic configuration i dont see issue in xcode but interesting point is how to set WDA in device ?

Inside of the node_modules folder in Appium there is an XCode project for WDA. Are you able to open this project, setup your developer credentials, build the project and deploy it?

I have never looked in to this. I will take a look at this and get back to you.

Thank you very much for providing great inputs.

While that link I posted earlier is an “official” Appium doc, it is not the clearest guide out there. Take a look towards the bottom under the header “Full manual configuration”… These are the steps I had to take to get tests running on an iOS device. In basic terms, before WDA would load to my device, I had to open the WDA XCode project, set it to use my own developer credentials and provisioning profiles and then select my device as the run target for WDA… After a successful build and run out of XCode, WDA is now on the device and Appium can use it.

Hopefully this gets you through the issue… let me know… Good luck!

Smitty, I have followed the full configuration and when i build the xcode its succeeded but i could not run the application in ios device. I can install and uninstall nothing much. But let me look at your suggestion tommorrow, as i was completely occupied with meeting today. Will be in touch with you tommorrow for sure and i will post the error if i get any

Hi Smitty, i have uploaded the project WDA in xcode, and followed the guidelines to set up real testing in ios devices but still i am getting Provisional profile doesn’t include signing certificate

Just to make sure I understand correctly… You are saying that when you try to launch the WDA project from XCode it gives you an error that says something about the signing certificate and provisioning profile being mismatched? As opposed to “Device isnt in Provisioning Profile”?

Before I go further, I will point out that I really hate the Apple iOS Developer certificate mechanism. While I understand the need for security and such, the process is always confusing and poorly documented… It makes it difficult to get to the bottom of what is causing your issue…

That said, a few more questions may clear some things up… Are you able to launch any app (WDA or anything you have source code for) on a simulated iOS device? If no, I think the process of your Apple Developer Certificate on apple.com -> Code Signing certificate in Keychain on your local -> XCode is messed up somewhere. If you can run something then I am pretty sure that means XCode recognizes your dev code signing certificate properly. The next part is the provisioning profile which, as I understand it, gives a definition of what devices your app can run and also, somehow needs to be linked to the above certificate… This needs to be correct in order to load an app onto a physical device…

This is setup on apple.com and I think it is supposed to be mostly automatic in XCode (I havent done this in a while)… I apologize that I cant get into the specifics here, it has been over 6 months since I have touched an Apple machine and I am working from memory… Plus I am a little “Friday afternoon Brain Fried” at the moment… You may be able to get some more information out of the Apple docs but I have never found them to be clear and abundantly helpful: https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev60b6fbbc7

At this point I cant say for sure what is going on without looking over your shoulder… Apple error messages are not very descriptive at times… You might have the wrong team selected in XCode, the provisioning profile you are trying to use may just need to be re-downloaded… maybe one of your many certificates expired and you havent noticed yet (all things that have happened to me in the past). If you want to post a bunch of screenshots and logs, I will still be happy to try and help

All that said, in the past, I have found that it is sometimes easier just to start over from the beginning with these Apple certs and profiles… Its very easy to miss a detail when setting all of this up and one out of place selection causes hard to understand issues. As someone who has been developing iOS apps off and on for almost a decade, I cant tell you how many times I have run into a signing error in XCode and only got around it by frantically trying everything I could think of and merely stumbling upon a solution.

Yes, the error says provisioning profile doesnot include a signing certifcate “iPhone Developer”. I do have certificate and have got it from Apple id too but its of no help to me . Anyways its friday evening , lets catch up next week. Have a nice week end Smith.

Still its not working. My hands crossed. I think i need to reset xcode setup

1 Like

Hi Maganti,
After a longggg struggle, have landed on your page, Still am finding the same issue at my end, (No profiles for 'xxxx" were found: Xcode couldn’t find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching “xxxx”.
Could you able to resolve it? and could you suggest for any solutions found!

Thanks in Advance
Prabhu