QA team for new Appium releases

Hi All

Every time a new Appium version is released , I go to a quiet room in my office , turn the lights off and cry for several hours because I know what pain and misery awaits for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I dont have any complaints for the developers - many kodus for the hard work and for the great product you provide us .

If you run automation on IOS you probably know what Im talking about :slight_smile: .

Its sometimes very frustrating for setting everything from the beginning (appium , webderiver agent , xcode…) and there isn’t any official guide on doing so and no info on which device or version it was tested .

I suggest to create a QA team that will work with the developers and provide feedback on every released version .

I volunteer to contribute several hours on every week to support the developers .

who’s in ?

1 Like

we have beta channel in Appium Slack. I would be happy to invite you to this chat

Comparing with new iOS version problem - new Appium version is just a blink.

I always use Appium betas and almost never had any large problems.

Hello

In my project, I work with selenium 4.1.1

For this, I need to use Appim v8.0.0-beta2. But I can’t find any file for the installation of it.
Could u help me please and share any terminal commands on how to run it if we don’t have UI yet

thank

npm install - g appium@beta