Webdriver does not respond and stops the execution of the test

I have problems executing an automatic test in appium using robotframework with iOS and xcode 13.4, I execute the appium server correctly, but when I launch the tests it stops indicating that the time has expired, I can see that the appium server is waiting for a response of webdriver, but I don’t know how to solve the problem, any clue?

attached log:

[WD Proxy] Matched ‘/appium/settings’ to command name ‘updateSettings’

[WD Proxy] Proxying [POST /appium/settings] to [POST http://127.0.0.1:8500/session/5B017C3C-A9ED-4FC6-8D9D-992C12FB84AA/appium/settings] with body: {“settings”:{“reduceMotion”:true}}

[WD Proxy] Got response with status 200: {“value”:{“boundElementsByIndex”:false,“mjpegServerFramerate”:10,“screenshotOrientation”:“auto”,“reduceMotion”:true,“elementResponseAttributes”:“type,label”,“screenshotQuality”:1,“mjpegScalingFactor”:100,“keyboardPrediction”:0,“defaultActiveApplication”:“auto”,“mjpegServerScreenshotQuality”:25,“defaultAlertAction”:“accept”,“keyboardAutocorrection”:0,“useFirstMatch”:false,“shouldUseCompactResponses”:true,“customSnapshotTimeout”:15,“dismissAlertButtonSelector”:"",“activeAppDetectionPoint”:“64.00,64.00”,“snapshotMaxDepth”:50,“waitForIdleTimeout”:10,“includeNonModalElements”:false,“acceptAlertButtonSelector”:"",“animationCoolOffTimeout”:2},“sessionId”:“5B017C3C-A9ED-4FC6-8D9D-992C12FB84AA”}

[XCUITest] Skipping setting of the initial display orientation. Set the “orientation” capability to either “LANDSCAPE” or “PORTRAIT”, if this is an undesired behavior.

[BaseDriver] Event ‘orientationSet’ logged at 1662451467633 (10:04:27 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time))

[BaseDriver] The value of ‘elementResponseAttributes’ setting did not change. Skipping the update for it

[BaseDriver] The value of ‘shouldUseCompactResponses’ setting did not change. Skipping the update for it

[Appium] New XCUITestDriver session created successfully, session 55ee06a6-3fc4-4b62-a399-9d0b7a61bb0d added to master session list

[BaseDriver] Event ‘newSessionStarted’ logged at 1662451467633 (10:04:27 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time))

[W3C (55ee06a6)] Cached the protocol value ‘W3C’ for the new session 55ee06a6-3fc4-4b62-a399-9d0b7a61bb0d

[W3C (55ee06a6)] Responding to client with driver.createSession() result: {“capabilities”:{“webStorageEnabled”:false,“locationContextEnabled”:false,“browserName”:"",“platform”:“MAC”,“javascriptEnabled”:true,“databaseEnabled”:false,“takesScreenshot”:true,“networkConnectionEnabled”:false,“platformName”:“iOS”,“deviceName”:“iPhone 13 Pro Max Robotframework”,“udid”:“D487A795-665D-42BB-84FC-33DC285261B1”,“wdaLocalPort”:8500,“app”:"/Users/qa/Proyectos/mobileappsautomationrobotframework/robotframework/lib/apps/myapp.app",“platformVersion”:“15.4”,“autoAcceptAlerts”:true,“useNewWDA”:true,“noReset”:false,“permissions”:"{“com.myapp.myapppre”: {“notifications”: “yes”, “photos”: “yes”}}",“newCommandTimeout”:60,“simpleIsVisibleCheck”:false,“boundElementsByIndex”:false,“locationServicesAuthorized”:true,“reduceMotion”:true,“bundleId”:“com.myapp.myapppre”,“defaultActiveApplication”:“defaultActiveApplication”,“automationName”:“XCUITest”,“waitForIdleTimeout”:10,“animationCoolOffTimeout”:3,“resetOnSessionStartOnly”:true,“clearSystemFiles”:true,"iosInstallPa…

[HTTP] <-- POST /wd/hub/session 200 18793 ms - 1090

[HTTP]

[BaseDriver] Shutting down because we waited 60 seconds for a command

[Appium] Closing session, cause was ‘New Command Timeout of 60 seconds expired. Try customizing the timeout using the ‘newCommandTimeout’ desired capability’

[Appium] Removing session ‘55ee06a6-3fc4-4b62-a399-9d0b7a61bb0d’ from our master session list

[WebDriverAgent] Shutting down sub-processes

[WebDriverAgent] Shutting down ‘xcodebuild’ process (pid ‘9853’)

[WebDriverAgent] Sending ‘SIGTERM’…

[WebDriverAgent] xcodebuild exited with code ‘null’ and signal ‘SIGTERM’

[DevCon Factory] Releasing connections for D487A795-665D-42BB-84FC-33DC285261B1 device on any port number

[DevCon Factory] Found cached connections to release: [“D487A795-665D-42BB-84FC-33DC285261B1:8500”]

[DevCon Factory] Cached connections count: 0

[XCUITest] Did not find the temporary XCTest logs root at ‘/var/folders/tr/_nb2dqf532j20l6zz7cq3d8r0000gn/T/com.apple.dt.XCTest*/’

[XCUITest] Cleaning test logs in ‘/Users/qa/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-aghlrsejdreqngftgvcqwnjgrbou/Logs’ folder

[XCUITest] Clearing log files

[XCUITest] Deleting ‘/Users/qa/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-aghlrsejdreqngftgvcqwnjgrbou/Logs’. Freeing 2.1M.

[XCUITest] Finished clearing log files

[IOSSimulatorLog] Stopping iOS log capture

thanks!!!

1 Like

can anybody help me? :frowning: I have reinstalled WD and the problem still occurs

What tutorial are you following and which step do things start going wrong for you?

I have this exact same issue! I have two IDENTICAL tests, one in my isolated repo that has almost nothing except for the necessary basic test and it works.
Then - in my company repo I run the exact same test and there webdriver does not resolve to a client and therefor has a timeout.

I managed to fix it by reinstalling the Xcode xcuitest project.