{1.6.4}{Safari}[JSONWP Proxy] Got response with status 200: {"value":"Failed to launch com.apple.mobilesafari application"

hello everyone,
I finally succeed to start an app with xcuitestdriver and now i would use safari but when i remove app capability and add the browser name capability the server start wda and wait for eternity and sometime it says that :

[JSONWP Proxy] Got response with status 200: "{\n  \"value\" : {\n    \"state\" : \"success\",\n    \"os\" : {\n      \"name\" : \"iOS\",\n      \"version\" : \"10.2\"\n    },\n    \"ios\" : {\n      \"simulatorVersion\" : \"10.2\",\n      \"ip\" : \"172.30.3.70\"\n    },\n    \"build\" : {\n      \"time\" : \"Apr 10 2017 17:19:55\"\n    }\n  },\n  \"sessionId\" : \"C9EAF975-8A75-4822-9D33-A3E8E83EFDCD\",\n  \"status\" : 0\n}"
[XCUITest] WebDriverAgent running on ip '172.30.3.70'
[XCUITest] WebDriverAgent successfully started after 17366ms
[BaseDriver] Event 'wdaSessionAttempted' logged at 1491894442736 (09:07:22 GMT+0200 (CEST))
[XCUITest] Sending createSession command to WDA
[JSONWP Proxy] Proxying [POST /session] to [POST http://localhost:8100/session] with body: {"desiredCapabilities":{"bundleId":"com.apple.mobilesafari","arguments":["-u","http://appium.io"],"shouldWaitForQuiescence":true,"shouldUseTestManagerForVisibilityDetection":false,"maxTyping    Frequency":60,"shouldUseSingletonTestManager":true}}

and then

[JSONWP Proxy] Got response with status 200: {"value":"Failed to launch com.apple.mobilesafari application","sessionId":"C92634CD-775D-416A-A02D-5A622A53C7FC","status":13}
[XCUITest] Failed to create WDA session. Retrying...
[BaseDriver] Event 'wdaSessionAttempted' logged at 1491899026261 (10:23:46 GMT+0200 (CEST))
[XCUITest] Sending createSession command to WDA

i saw many topic about that but i don’t really get how did the fix it …
here are my desired caps :

sCaps.setCapability("platformVersion", "10.2");
		sCaps.setCapability("showIOSLog", false);
		sCaps.setCapability("automationName", "XCUITest");
		sCaps.setCapability("browserName", "Safari");
		sCaps.setCapability("app", "");
		sCaps.setCapability("udid", "MYUDID");
		sCaps.setCapability("platformName", "iOS");
		sCaps.setCapability("deviceName", "iPad de admin");

my environnement :
iPad air 2
appium1.6.4 < GUI
i use selenium grid
IOS10.2

thx to help me (i can provide more logs and more information if it’s necessary)

Hi, i have the same problem!
Have you found a solution?

Yes right now i’m able to run my tests but it’s took me a lot of work on many differents problems so
first of all are you in the exact situation or you got the same error ?
I mean :
You succeed to start an app with xcuitestdriver and now you would use safari but when you remove app capability and add the browser name capability the server start wda and wait for eternity and sometime it says ‘the Got response with status 200…’ ?

Yes, exactly the same problem, webdriverAgent is started but i have:
[JSONWP Proxy] Got response with status 200: {“value”:“Failed to launch com.apple.mobilesafari application”

first of all: sorry for the late answer :confused: i’m not on appium project now so i wasn’t checking the discuss

actually my capabilities are like this start to try to take the same :
sCaps.setCapability(“platformVersion”, “10.2”);

sCaps.setCapability("automationName", "XCUITest");
		sCaps.setCapability("useNewWDA", true);
		sCaps.setCapability("browserName", "Safari");

sCaps.setCapability("autoWebviewTimeout", "10000");
		sCaps.setCapability("startIWDP", true);
		sCaps.setCapability("udid", "auto");
		sCaps.setCapability("platformName", "iOS");
		sCaps.setCapability("deviceName", "the name of your device");

watch the udid : auto i think you can do it since you’re connected with the iOS WebKit Debug Proxy command line

tell me if it’s change something