Appium 1.4.11 - Xcode 7 - iOS 9 runs very slow

No I haven’t tried that, how do I do that?

Nvm, I see your post about calling,

sh ./xcode_iwd.sh /Applications/Xcode.app /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium

I haven’t upgraded to 1.4.16 I just upgraded to 1.4.15 and it seems to be working still(Xcode 7.0.1). I don’t know what those lines are from since I don’t fully understand Xcode and all the file types. The error(instruments-without-delay does not work) is normal as it says that on mine as well. If you follow the link I put in(Xcode 6 + iOS 7.1 sim slowness?) it does a work around that works.

I ran into that same issue @djwgit and ran an instruments script directly to get around it. It doesn’t help with the rest of the slowness, but it helps for that one scenario.

MobileElement button = (MobileElement) driver.findElement(By.name("buttonName"));
driver.executeScript("au.getElement('" + button.getId() + "').tapWithOptions({tapCount:3});");

Does it work for you guys on xcode 7.2, ios 9.2? It’s back to running very slow, even with the fix from lawrence with xcode7-quirks.

My Setup:

• iOS 9.2
  • Xcode 7.2
  • Appium 1.4.13

When you build, did you point to the right version of simluator? i.e. 9.2 in your case? I had the same issue when I pointed to, i.e. 9.1 but i launch a 9.2 simluator and hence I see no increase in test run performance

Pay attention to this when you ./build.sh

SDKROOT = iphonesimulator9.1

i had to run it with sudo in order to have the file changed. seems to work faster now.
see https://github.com/appium/appium/pull/6138

Does this work faster with iOS real device?

I tried to install iwd-xcode7, after that test with iOS9 simulator gets very faster,
but with iPhone6 doesn’t change.

iOS9 simulator (iPhone6s) -> my test time is 5 minutes iPhone6 (9.2.1) -> my test time is 5 minutes iOS9 simulator (iPhone6s) -> my test time is 2.5 minutes iPhone6 (9.2.1) -> my test time is 5 minutes, same...

<Env.>
[email protected]
Xcode7.2.1 build App

as far as I know this doesn’t work with real devices. see https://github.com/appium/appium/issues/754#issuecomment-60144949

So I’ve gone through the setup but I can’t seem to get it work. There is no difference in length of time it takes my tests to run. Does anyone have any suggesstions? My current setup is:

Appium.app 1.14.16
Mac OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite
Xcode 7.0
iOS Simulator 9.0

i had to run iwd with sudo in order to have the /Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/Developer/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.instruments.deviceservice.plist changed. can you check the timestamp of this file after running the iwd command?

I am also facing the same issue .

The above command appium path is not present inside /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium

its different path

I am totally stuck please its urgent