Appium 1.6 error asking me to look if bundle ID is contained in Info.plist

Hi,

I just ended up installing appium 1.6 and running a test against iOS 10.1 Simulator (Mac OS 10.12.1). I am getting an error saying that “semctl error running ‘install’: An error was encountered processing the command (domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain, code=22):”
It asks me to check if the info.plist file contains the CFBundleIdentifier. I checked with my Dev and he says that Xcode 8 adds a new build setting called PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER. instead of listing the bundle ID literally in Info.plist, it references the build setting.

Any idea what I need to do to get past this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

hi.
add more details.

• how installed appium
  • how start appium
  • how open driver
  • what app build use
  • write what command sending appium to install your app and try it yourself also in termninal

I installed node
installed homebrew
installed carthage
installed npm iOS-deploy

then update appium to 1.6
then navigated to the webdriveragent folder inside xcuitestdriver and ran the command “Scripts/bootstrap.sh -d”

the rest of the stuff is all the same that I used to do previously. App is already installed on the device. I launch appium just by typing “Appium” in the terminal

@Aleksei I just got it to work now on the Simulator. so please ignore for now. Thanks.

Sometime this week I will try it out on the real device as well…hopefully that does not entail too many additional changes?