Appium iPad v13 and above popup focus area issue

@Ravi_Kishore
I tried to execute on iPad v13 devices but the identified element focus was not on the exact element which I search for. It’s showing up somewhere abv of the page. So, how can I handle this page to process the authenticate? With the provide XPath the element was found but when it comes to clicking and sending text over the textbox it wasn’t performed as expected on iPad v13 devices alone with this kind of popup.

Kindly provide ur suggestion to handle this popup. Thanks in advance.

@Mirudhu_Yuvaraj This might be an compatibility issue with Appium inspector and iPad v13, did you try interacting with elements from appium CLI ?

This is a known XCTest bug. It recognises coordinates of elements located inside of remote views as absolute. Try to switch to web view context if your view is a web view. Otherwise you should translate control coordinates on your own.

Yeah its loads in a native view only. Then, will try to switch to web view context and attempt to find elements.

Thank u for ur support. @mykola-mokhnach & @Ravi_Kishore

@Ravi_Kishore @Aleksei
I tried to switch from native to web view in iOS but I got noSuchContextExpection in the console.

Using, getContextHandles() method, I print out all the views - The following view only I got when I execute the case - [NATIVE_APP]. My query is, how to switch from native to web view in iOS?

@Ravi_Kishore @Aleksei
I tried to switch from native to web view in iOS but I got noSuchContextExpection in the console.

Using, getContextHandles() method, I print out all the views - The following view only I got when I execute the case - [NATIVE_APP]. My query is, how to switch from native to web view in iOS?
[/quote]

Please provide ur suggestion on this

1. Ask developer first does webView here exit
  2. If it true ask him to make it debugabble

Okay sure. will check with dev team. Thanks @Aleksei

@Aleksei

I tried to fetch the context for the same application with 12version iPhone devices. It prints-out the following context - [NATIVE_APP, WEBVIEW_415.1] for iPhone 12v device. In iPhone 13v devices, I didn’t get the web view context. Is this specific to 13v or anything else from the dev side to make the changes for the app?

Try with iOS 13 to see webContext with Safari browser on Mac with iPhone connected. Can you see it?

BTW did you enable wevView debug on device with ios13?

https://images.app.goo.gl/DXn5EhyJK8vTmcVx7

@Aleksei
Actually i tried out above tests in the sauce labs cloud devices - iPhone v12/13. and iPad v13. It randomly picks up the device according to the platform version which I provided.

Are there any capabilities to make the web view option enable via code? Since, in our physical devices we can enabled it wherein the cloud devices, how is that possible to check for the web view is enabled or not?

Check first personal that all ok with ios13. Then ask cloud team to enable it.

Okay sure Thanks a lot.:slightly_smiling_face: