Appium support for Xamarin iOS projects

@Shashank_Garg: were you able to make progress with decoupling Appium from the Xamarin installed Mac?

Hi sorry for the delay
its finally working with the latest xamarin version. But make sure you build the app using 32 bit option and not 64 bit.

Can some one see why it crashes with 64 bit app

Hi,

I am new to appium and mobile automation. Our app is developed in xamarin. My questin is if I want to use appium to automate this app, Do I need xamarin to be installed?

No. As long as you have a build of the app then it can be automated (xamarin is required only for creating the app, not testing).

Thank you for your reply. Our app is developed using xamarin ios andI have .IPA and .app build. But When I try appium Inspector, ios simulator screen appear and disappears (blinking) and finally crashing. Do I need to setup any preferences for this. Please help me.

And also , I am getting [INST STDERR] Instruments Trace Error : Target failed to run: Failed looking up pid of launched process and finally instrument crash error. Any ideas on th is?

I recommend asking Xamarin directly. It shouldn’t be crashing on startup like that.

use 32 bit build and not 64

Hi, I am working on a xamarin app for ios. Has anyone worked on automating xamarin apps with ios using appium .Please help me.

@bootstrap @Shashank_Garg I have been tasked with working on testing with Appium an app that has been build in Xamarin. Is there any sample instructions/github project where I can get some guidelines? I have automated with Appium apps that were build with native IOS (swift) and android…but never with Xamarin built ones. Hope it works!