Appium: Test Android application with PHP-library

I am new to Appium. I want to test an android application using php library. Let me know if this is possible. I searched many video tutorials on internet, but either they use java-client library for android application or if they use php-client library then they test website. But I want to test Android application. Please help me out of it.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. But I still need to discuss on this. The first link that you have given shows an example where I can give path to the android application and then write the test case. Also I am not sure how it links but I have installed composer and phpunit on my machine. My question is now how can I run this php file, usually we run php script in browser, and for the applications in videos that I saw for java-client library are running through eclipse editor. So how will this php script run? Hope I am asking a valid question.

I have no idea :slight_smile: never user php with appium.

This might help you:

You can even try to talk to that user. Îf you are not bind to use PHP, I would recommend Java or ruby because their clients are kept more up to date

Thanks again. But the source code shows IOS applications. I will try if it works with android app, but again is the same question, how will I be able to run php script.

Like other user did, you can try using phpunit framework

you mean to say through command line?

Well, even the php run in browsers can be run in command line!

Either that, using CI (jenkins) to run commands or even using an IDE to run directly from IDE,…Your call. I guess there are also more frameworks available that you can use.

But thats your effort now…

Okay will check that now. Thanks anyways.

Hi, Sorry to hijack the thread, but I need some help and I think you can help me. I’m trying to test automate an Android application with appium PHP. I’m new to appium and tried searching for tutorials for PHP with Appium. I couldn’t find anything. I have no Idea where to I start. It will be great if you can help me out.