Can we connect multiple devices to iPhone/iPad

Hi @jonahss, @Hassan_Radi, @jlipps,

I have a Native App that controls a firmware device. For this, I always have to connect that firmware to my iDevice i.e., iPhone/iPad. In this case, I can’t connect my iDevice to Mac to execute Automation scripts of my firmware by connecting it. This is the known limitation with the Appium as it supports only physical communication between iDevice and Mac.

Can I pass commands through appium code to treat as firmware connected to iDevice which actually not connected. So that I can see my firmware settings screen on iDevice and I can connect my iDevice to mac and execute the scripts. If yes. Please help me with the commands or approach or whatever in detail. It would save my life.

And, Do we have any connectors in the market to connect firmware and cable at once to the iDevice? If yes, this can also save my life.

Please Please help me If anyone have any information related to this topic. Thanks in Advance.

I haven’t heard of anyone else trying to test such an advanced setup using appium. Xcode is able to test and communicate with an iDevice over wifi, but we’ve never implemented that feature in appium. I think it requires reverse engineering, since there’s no hook we’ve ever found for how to initiate wireless testing.

Hi Jonahss, Can we connect any iOS over wifi ???@jonahss