Could Not Launch Appium Inspector

i have xcode-8.0 and appium - 1.5.3
when i run inspector on appium i accept error log
[debug] [iOS] Starting UIAutoClient, and launching Instruments.

[debug] [UIAuto] Instruments socket server started at /var/folders/my/ls4vm3cx2rx95p0fjl48zdn00000gn/T/instruments_sock

[Xcode] Could not find Automation.tracetemplate in any of the followinglocations /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Applications/Instruments.app/Contents/PlugIns/AutomationInstrument.xrplugin/Contents/Resources/Automation.tracetemplate,/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Applications/Instruments.app/Contents/PlugIns/AutomationInstrument.bundle/Contents/Resources/Automation.tracetemplate

[Xcode] Could not find Automation.tracetemplate in any of the followinglocations /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Applications/Instruments.app/Contents/PlugIns/AutomationInstrument.xrplugin/Contents/Resources/Automation.tracetemplate,/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Applications/Instruments.app/Contents/PlugIns/AutomationInstrument.bundle/Contents/Resources/Automation.tracetemplate

[MJSONWP] Encountered internal error running command: Error: Could not find Automation.tracetemplate in any of the followinglocations /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Applications/Instruments.app/Contents/PlugIns/AutomationInstrument.xrplugin/Contents/Resources/Automation.tracetemplate,/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Applications/Instruments.app/Contents/PlugIns/AutomationInstrument.bundle/Contents/Resources/Automation.tracetemplate
at getAutomationTraceTemplatePathWithoutRetry$ (lib/xcode.js:172:9)
at tryCatch (/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:67:40)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke [as _invoke] (/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:315:22)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:100:21)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke (/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:136:37)
at run (/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/node_modules/core-js/library/modules/es6.promise.js:104:47)
at /Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/node_modules/core-js/library/modules/es6.promise.js:115:28
at flush (/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/node_modules/core-js/library/modules/$.microtask.js:19:5)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:67:7)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:98:9)

and popup message:
Could Not Launch Appium Inspector

Could not get list of sessions from Appium Server

Be sure the Appium server is running with an application opened by using the “App Path” parameter in Appium.app (along with package and activity for Android) or by connecting with selenium client and supplying this in the desired capabilities object.

thank.

As UIAutomation was deleted from xcode 8 (now it uses XCUI technology) and you are trying to run inspector using UIAutomation it creates exceptions like yours. You need to decide if you are still using 7.3.1 xcode with appium 1.5.3 or upgrade appium to 1.6. But appium does not provide inspector for XCUI yet. It is only server 1.6
There are workarounds suggested here https://medium.com/@chenchaoyi/the-options-of-inspecting-ios-10-app-with-appium-1-6-534ba166b958#.cw7fuu5ob
As for me I have not tried if it works. But you can try your luck.

Good luck!

can not update to version 1.6
How have you help me?

I wrote
npm install appium
./node_modules/.bin/appium
on the terminal as the link you included me
But in fact I see that the version is not updated and still has the error

Can you write what appium --version command outputs?
You also need to be sured that all dependencies are also installed here in release notes imurchie wrotes https://github.com/appium/appium/releases/tag/v1.6.0 about external-dependencies