Is there a hack for non provisioned Iphone for Appium automation?

I was wondering is there a way a non provisioned Iphone can be used for Appium Automation? problem is we dont have too many devices provisioned and I need to some way get past this road block. Our dev team has been doing some infrastructure changes but that will take some time. In the meanwhile if someone can suggest a hack for running automation on non provisioned devices through Appium would be great.

The best thing to do is to sign up for a $99 apple developer account and create your own provisioning profile.

Then you can follow this link that goes into great detail on to how to resign your app.

Good luck!
Eric

so there is a restriction from App regarding how devices can provisioned for development and testing. my original question was to basically look for a hack which can help me overcome this issue. I have developer profile and everything set up in Xcode … I take the code from master in my project , check out in my local, do some code changes , build in my local. But I am unable to run Appium scripts on non provisioned devices, scripts only work on the provisioned devices.

Right,
There is no workaround that I know of. Appium requires an app/.ipa that is signed with a Development Profile (get task allow = True)

cool … hope some one can find some hack around it

So you can resign your apps with your own provisioning. Would that help?
If not, then there is no hack that I know of. I don’t think anyone else would help here.

I am kind of naive on , how this App signing works and how devices are provisioned for development and testing. If I have code in my local and do my own build on physical device with my provisioning profile( which belongs to company dev team profile), what changes do I need to make in to make it work in non provisioned devices?