Simple question - can Appium drive an Apcelerator Titanium app?

The subject says it all really. :wink:

I’ve found conflicting comments on various boards, including Appcelerator’s. If it is possible to automate testing of Appcelerator apps are there any additional steps specific to Titanium which I can read up on?

Thanks,

Steve

Can you link to an example of an app? Preferably available on google play store.

Hi Simon,

Not really, no - my question was a general functional one - whether Appium can be used to automate tests on apps which are build using Titanium http://www.appcelerator.com/product/ And if so whether we need to be aware of any additional or specific steps that need to be undertaken to get Appium to work.

Thanks for the response though.

Steve

Hello,

Steve…did you get answer for this question? I am also curious. Please help.

Regards,
Anoop

Hi Anoop,

In a way, yes. I got it working on our Titanium app without issue but then ran out of time to do anything useful! :smile:

There certainly doesn’t be anything specific to Titanium which prevents Appium from working.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve,

That is a great news. Let me just give it a try now. Meanwhile if you don’t mind can you give me your email id so that we can be in touch on this.

Anoop

Hi Steve,

I am using Appium to automate Titanium app but facing many issues in locating element,since i got only className as locator and many elements has the same className.It would be great help if you could let me know what are the locators you have used.

Thanks

I am using Appium to automate Titanium app but facing many issues in locating element,since i got only className as locator and many elements has the same className.I am creating xpath using classname and index which is like “//android.widget.texview(index=3)”
this xpath may get change frequently.

I am using Appium to automate Titanium app but facing many issues in locating element,since i got only className as locator and many elements has the same className.I am creating xpath using classname and index which is like “//android.widget.texview(index=3)”
this xpath may get change frequently.