Unable to launch app in IOS 10

Hi guys!!!
I need to test an app on IOS 10.I have upgraded my Xcode to 8 and also appium from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3.And also updated my real device IOS to 10.After this my app is not launching in my IOS .It is failing to create driver object.I mean
driver = new IOSDriver(new URL(“http://192.168.0.6:4723/wd/hub”), capabilities);
Here it is failing and in the console getting an error as
org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Could not extract Info.plist from application: Plist file doesn’t exist: ‘/Users/sancha/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData//Debug-iphoneos/.app/Info.plist’ (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Please help me if any one knows about it.

Thanks,
Vani

Hi,

Appium 1.6.0 has just been released. I haven’t upgraded it yet.
At the release note I saw it was mentioned about iOS 10.

@TuHuynh Can you please let me know Xcode version you used to Install app on iOS 10 iphone device ?
Currently I am facing issue with xcode 7.3 with iOS command line tools of version 10.0 installed but its not showing up deployment target for 10.0 in xcode.

Let me know if we have to upgrade Xcode for the same ?

Hi Pavan,

I haven’t tried it yet as I mentioned above.

From release note I see that:

"iOS

Add support for Xcode 8 and iOS 10 (using automationName of XCUITest). For information on using this driver, see the driver documentation"

Hi i have used Xcode 8. And while running it asked me to add desired capability for bundle Id.So added as
capabilities.setCapability(“bundleId”,new File(simulatorProp.getProperty(“bundleId”)));

To all of you guys… Firstly, iOS 10 can only be installed with the use of the Xcode 8. Secondly, iOS 10 can only be used with the version of Appium 1.6 (when it starts to work properly). So whatever you trying simply cannot work. There is a new driver around.