- did you try above?
- what are your driver capabilities ?
Thank you for your response.
I will try to do all steps by tutorial.
Removed the ‘WebdriverAgentRunner’ app from device and reboot device it didn’t help.
I have second Early Mac 2015 with the same configuration and everything works.
Only difference is that on M1 appium path: ‘/opt/homebrew/bin/appium’ and on second older Mac appium path: ‘user/local/bin/appium’
= better set it TRUE for VERY first time and all other tests FALSE
- I do not see in capabilities
- how you complete prepare WDA for real device usage?
I set additional capabilities:
addMobileDesiredCapabilities.setCapability(“xcodeSigningId”, “iPhone Developer”);
And created a file ‘.xconfig’ and set content:
DEVELOPMENT_TEAM = SWQA3DF4FQ
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Developer
Run the test and got the same error message in appium log, and WebDriverAgent didn’t install on iOS device, my app was installed without WebDriverAgent on device
I’m using iOS.yaml file where are set all device config:
- deviceName: iPhone_SE_2020
On empty device:
- Appears app under test
- Appears WDA app
- WDA starts listen appium commands.
You are between 1 and 2 now
Hi, the problem was resolved.
hi, how the problem was resolved?
Sign out from xcode account -> uninstall appium -> install appium -> sign in xcode account
Hi Facing this issue for ios 16, xcode 14 build. tried above suggestions still facing the same and this is happening while trying to inspect on simulator
“appium:deviceName”: “iPhone 14 Pro Max”
appium version 1.22.3
xcode version 14.0
appium inspector 2022.8.1
I had the same issue so tried the steps mentioned here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E_Dcu6Ifc0 and got an error ld: cannot link directly with dylib/framework so found a solution here
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/712039 and was suggested to get
latest verison of webdriver agent - https://github.com/appium/WebDriverAgent/releases and I was build for Webdriver agent from Xcode.
After that I was able to launch the app via Appium inspector , hope this helps.
macOS Monterey 12.6(21G115)
Xcode : 14.0.1 (14A400)
Simulator : iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 16.0
Thanks a lot for the suggestions, i tried but i am still facing the issue, i get error 65 even after following the latest version of webdriver agent, do i need it to be replacing the old webdriver agent within the appium content?
1/ Download WebDriverAgent latest version
2/ Go to:
- By default: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/
- If you use nvm to install node: /Users/UserName/.nvm/versions/node/vx.x.x/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/
3/ Remove appium-webdriveragent and replace it with the downloaded new one. It works for me!
This worked for me. Thanks man
you are a legend
Thank you all. I struggled to find a solution. Thanks to the discussion here, the issue solved.
Hi I’m new to this. Could you please explain how this 3. step is exactly done?
I have this in
Configurations WebDriverAgentRunner LICENSE WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app.zip PrivateHeaders WebDriverAgentTests README.md build Scripts index.js WebDriverAgent.xcodeproj lib WebDriverAgentLib package.json
But downloaded only
You could just use Appium 2:
Here is the complete process to be followed
You will face this issue on MAC because WDA present inside Appium is not compatible with your XCode 14.2. When you install Appium, it is equipped with latest WDA at the time of released version for example appium 1.22.3 will come with WebdriverAgent 3.17.0 You can check WDA repo for compatible XCode [WDA link]. After 12.4 they have stopped mentioning XCode compatibility. Here are the steps to be followed to replace older WDA to latest WDA
- For XCode 14.2 Download latest WDA from here https://github.com/appium/WebDriverAgent/releases?page=1
- Download Source code.(zip) from above link on you mac machine
- unzip file
- Copy all the files and folders present inside unzipped folder
- You have to update all these contents into WebdriverAgent present inside Appium Server folder
- In Mac, Go to Applications
- Right click on Appium Server GUI > Contents > Resources > App > node_modules > appium > node_modules > Appium-webdriver agent
- Paste all the contents you have downloaded inside WebDriverAgent folder
- Check for WebDriverAgent.XCodeProj
- Open WebDriverAgent.XCodeProj in XCode
- If project is not open click on folder icon present on top right corner
- Click on WebDriverAgent
- In centre panel > TARGETS Select WebDriverAgentRunner
- Click on Signing and Capabilities
- Click on “Team” Drop down to sign in your app
- You can select existing certificate or new certificate where you have to apple certificate
- Find WebDriverAgent project on top.
- select WebDriverAgentRunner from drop down
- Select targeted device from drop down on which you want to execute test cases
- Click on “Product” menu
- Click on “Test”
- It will install WebDriverAgent on you targeted device
- Now you can try to launch new session from appium inspector
I ran into the same problem with iOS 16.4. Here is how I solved it:
- In case of any OS upgrade(iOS), the framework gets disturbed as the other apps(Appium version/xcode/mac os) become unsupported.
- We might get errors like ‘Unable to launch WebDriverAgent because of xcodebuild failure: xcodebuild failed with code 65’ or ‘A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.’
- Check the signing and capabilities for webdriveragentrunner and webdriveragentlib, it should be signed in using a proper developer account
- Try running the tests again and check if the error isn’t coming anymore. In case the same errors still comes we need to do the next steps mentioned below
- In such cases we can download the latest webdriver agent from ‘https://github.com/appium/WebDriverAgent/releases’
- Then delete all files except Build folder from appium gui’s webdriver agent folder
- From the downloaded folder we can copy all files and paste inside the appium gui’s webdriver agent folder
- It should work
@Bisweswar_Swain , it worked out fine by following the steps you indicated.
Thanks for the help!
Note: For those who are having the same problem I recommend following these steps to resolve the error.