Very slow and can't send the keys for textfield in iOS(Real device & Simulator)

Even I have latest version appium and my device OS version = 9.1 & 8.4. It is very slow, I can’t do any testcases fully. Please help me.

Hello @thiru,

You can use the setValue capability to enter text faster, it will not type every character it will paste the text directly into the field.

capabilities.SetCapability(“setValue”, true);

For the Can`t send issue, can you give more details ? is your desired text not appearing in the textfield ? Or does it appear wrong ?

Regards,
–Gery–

Thanks for your reply @Gery. Now I am working on appium only. While recording the code, trying to sendkeys to some UITextfield in iOS. After sending the text, it doesn’t reflecting in the textfield. Just, it’s reloaded only. I don’t know, why it’s not reflecting. I am tried lot of times, even I unplugged my device and connected again. It took more than one minute for reload the page.

Hi thiru,

when recording through appium it take time to generate script,
While executing it will be fast.

Actually, After tapping on the UITextfield. It’s taken more than 2 minutes. Then, trying to sendkeys for that UITextfield. After sending the text, it’s doesn’t reflecting. Just reloading and it takes more than 2 minutes. I don’t know why it’s takes more time?

could you please provide appium log

Could you please also add the script it generates ? the part where you select and send keys.

I got this error too.

error: [REMOTE] Could not connect to WebKitRemoteDebugger server

info: --> GET /wd/hub/session/e31f4753-cf63-448d-8bb7-ee2d31477ec6/contexts {}
info: [debug] [REMOTE] Getting WebKitRemoteDebugger pageArray
info: [debug] Responding to client with error: {“status”:13,“value”:{“message”:“An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. (Original error: connect ECONNREFUSED)”,“code”:“ECONNREFUSED”,“errno”:“ECONNREFUSED”,“syscall”:“connect”,“origValue”:“connect ECONNREFUSED”},“sessionId”:“e31f4753-cf63-448d-8bb7-ee2d31477ec6”}
info: <-- GET /wd/hub/session/e31f4753-cf63-448d-8bb7-ee2d31477ec6/contexts 500 7.308 ms - 293

This seems like ios_webkit_debug_proxy issue.
what is the app you trying to automate native or web app?

Native app only. I think, that page have a web view.

Then you have to Switch to web_view, before that you have to start ios_webkit_debug_proxy with your device UDID

How to switch to web_view?