Why does Appium freeze half-way through the play back of my recording?

I hit record, tested the login and logout features of my app, save my file and then press replay. The recording always seems to play back until the half way point, but then freezes and I am forced to quit the app and start over? Has this error occurred to anybody else? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Whats the error you receive? Are you sure its not just the default time out without commands received that is reached?

This is what I am currently receiving, although this time, I did not even see the playback from the recording.

info: [debug] Responding to client with error: {“status”:7,“value”:{“message”:“An element could not be located on the page using the given search parameters.”,“origValue”:""},“sessionId”:“171c1241-8b82-4f0b-bf2f-e3578ca86cda”}

info: <-- POST /wd/hub/session/171c1241-8b82-4f0b-bf2f-e3578ca86cda/element 500 1032.871 ms - 179

It seems you are looking for an element and it is not there, so test fails… all normal.

Maybe its an element that may take some time to appear, in that case you should wrap your code around one wait. Depending if you are using ruby or java I can help you

Yeah that would be greatly appreciated and I am using java right now.

Dont have IDE or any project in this pc, but it should be something around this:

WebDriverWait wait = new WebDriverWait(driver, time);
wait.until(ExpectedConditions.visibilityOf(driver.findElementById("xyz")));

I used Id in there, but use whatever you have.