Appium 1.7.1 Released

Hi everyone, Appium 1.7.1 is out with a few bugfixes based on initial feedback from 1.7.0. Remember that we usually have long beta periods, so please do try out our betas and let us know if you run into any issues, to ensure high-quality releases and help us keep our testsuite up to date :slight_smile:

From the changelog:

iOS

• Add ability to change default Simulator preferences

iOS - XCUITest

• Can use xctestrun file to launch WDA
  • Fix bug that was causing startCapture to be called more than once
  • Apply a workaround for setting default device orientation
  • Update offset determination for iPad

iOS+Safari

• Add handler for starting/stopping JS console capture

Android

• Add support to force upgrade settings app
  • Always assumes the file to be pushed by pushFile command contains binary data
  • Add ADB option to to force reinstall on upgrade

Android - UiAutomator 2

• Do not proxy getting app strings
5 Likes

@jlipps

I am testing hybrid app, which has native and webview part, plus webview has multiple windows (around 8 to 10). I want to switch between these windows.

I am executing parallelly on multiple android devices with Appium Server running on different ports for each device.

But i am getting following error ,While switching between windows :

disconnected: unable to connect to renderer
_ (Session info: chrome=61.0.3163.98)_
_ (Driver info: chromedriver=2.33.506106 (8a06c39c4582fbfbab6966dbb1c38a9173bfb1a2),platform=Mac OS X 10.12.6 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)_
Command duration or timeout: 29 milliseconds
Build info: version: ‘2.53.0’, revision: ‘35ae25b1534ae328c771e0856c93e187490ca824’, time: '2016-03-15 10:43:46’
System info: host: ‘-Pro.local’, ip: ‘10.10.11.177’, os.name: ‘Mac OS X’, os.arch: ‘x86_64’, os.version: ‘10.12.6’, java.version: '1.8.0_121’
Driver info: io.appium.java_client.android.AndroidDriver
Capabilities [{ deviceScreenSize=720x1280, networkConnectionEnabled=true, recreateChromeDriverSessions=true, noReset=true, warnings={}, databaseEnabled=false, version=6.0.1, deviceName=5203fe97e8de630b, fullReset=false, platform=ANDROID, deviceUDID=5203fe97e8de630b, appActivity=com.systechone…activities.SplashActivity, desired={appPackage=com.systechone., appActivity=com.systechone…activities.SplashActivity, recreateChromeDriverSessions=true, noReset=true, browserName=android, takesScreenshot=true, platformName=Android, udid=5203fe97e8de630b, version=6.0.1, deviceName=samsung SM-J700F, fullReset=false, platform=ANDROID}, platformVersion=6.0.1, webStorageEnabled=false, locationContextEnabled=false, takesScreenshot=true, browserName=android, javascriptEnabled=true, deviceModel=SM-J700F, platformName=Android, udid=5203fe97e8de630b, deviceManufacturer=samsung}]
Session ID: 2d57f82c-31e7-4974-aec7-f96bb614bce2

I face this issue only while executing on multiple devices.
When i execute on single device, i am able to switch between windows.

I am able to execute scripts belongs to native and webview part of app parallelly on multiple android devices Simultaneously.(but not able to switch between windows)

I was not facing above mentioned issues on Appium 1.6.4.

Environment :

Appium 1.7.1
multiple android devices (like 7.0 and 6.0).

I am using following code to launch start appium server for each device (android):
AppiumDriverLocalService service = AppiumDriverLocalService.buildService(new AppiumServiceBuilder().usingPort(port)
** .withArgument(AndroidServerFlag.BOOTSTRAP_PORT_NUMBER, chromePort)**
** .withArgument(GeneralServerFlag.SESSION_OVERRIDE)**
** .withArgument(AndroidServerFlag.CHROME_DRIVER_PORT, bootstrapPort));**

** service.start();**

@jlipps

iOS

Add ability to change default Simulator preferences

Can you show an example of this feature?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Alan

I’m also getting this error. @jlipps Has this issue resolved in Appium 1.7.1 ?