Appium WebDriverAgentError

Xcode got upgraded to 14.1 and tried the to build the WedDriverAgent and got the following error “cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64” and build got failed.

I tried to download the Xcode 13.4.1 but its not supported in my MAC version as it is updated to MACOS ventura 13.0. Please help!!! Iam currently blocked for automation and any help would be appreciated. Please

Step by step process how to solve this problem with node installed appium
https://stackoverflow.com/a/74724415/1802348

Hi, Is ti possible to connect with you? I have tried the solution and it didn’t work

sure! add me at linkedin… https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaydeep-bhatt-329898a2

I have sent you a Connect request . Can you please accept

1 Like

@Victoria_Viccy lets connect over email… i am sending you as a personal message! As I could not figure out which one is your connection request at linkedin.

Hi @Victoria_Viccy

Question: I tried downloading the Xcode 13.4.1 but it is not supported in my MAC version as it is updated to MACOS Ventura 13.0. Please help!!! I’m currently blocked for automation and any help would be appreciated. Please
Answer: XCode 13.4.1 is not supported by Mac OS venture 13.0;

Question: Xcode got upgraded to 14.1 and tried to build the WedDriverAgent and got the following error “cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64” and build got failed.

Answer: Maybe You are Using Appium 1.22.3 or 1.22.3-4 version and repeatedly trying to build the WebDriverAgent project and end up with the Same Error.

Actually, maybe this is happening because WDA is not compatible with Xcode.

The solution is to use appium 2. x / install the Appium 2 beta version. this will work for you.

npm install -g appium@next
appium driver install xcuitest

run this command in the terminal–>It installs the appium 2 beta version and XCUITDriver.

Goto your home directory in Finder and Press the “Command” + “Shift” + “.” keys at the same time. The hidden files will show up as translucent in the folder.

it shows all hidden files

goto to a folder to build WDA ---->.appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/node_modules/appium-webdriveragent/

here you can find WDA.xcodeproject and build, you won’t get an error this time

Need any more help message me here :grin:

Hi @Victoria_Viccy

Use this links as reference

https://www.headspin.io/blog/installing-appium-2-0-and-the-driver-and-plugins-cli

Thank you so much Mohammed Afroz, it really helped and able to build the project with no error. Thank you. Life saving momemt!!!

I’m happy for you @Victoria_Viccy.

You Are Welcome!