Couple noob questions about capabilities

Hey guys I need to use Appium to do something on a real iOS device because no other methods will work for what I need. Before I go through the trouble of setting everything up, I just wanted to know if Appium can number one: be used to disable and re-enable cellular data on an iOS device, and secondly: is it able to automate and manage (then close) private browser tabs within safari (Must be private tabs, not regular safari tabs!)? I need these two specific functions automated for my solution. Thanks for the help.

be used to disable and re-enable cellular data on an iOS device

XCTest does not provide any APIs do do this directly. Although you could try to perform such action via iOS settings, like a normal user would do. It is also possible that iOS will terminate all existing device connections in such case, so it would be necessary to reinit your automation session.

is it able to automate and manage (then close) private browser tabs within safari

same as above, there is no API for that, but it is most likely possible by using “usual” interactions. My forecast - it might be a pain though.