Not able to execute espresso driver

Hi!
I’m not able to execute test with Espresso driver. These are the Appium logs:
[Espresso] Starting Espresso Server v1.45.3 with cmd: adb shell am instrument -w -e debug false -e disableAnalytics true io.appium.espressoserver.test/androidx.test.runner.AndroidJUnitRunner
[debug] [ADB] Creating ADB subprocess with args: ["-P",5037,"-s",“emulator-5554”,“shell”,“am”,“instrument”,"-w","-e",“debug”,false,"-e",“disableAnalytics”,true,“io.appium.espressoserver.test/androidx.test.runner.AndroidJUnitRunner”]
[Espresso] Waiting up to 45000ms for Espresso server to be online
[debug] [WD Proxy] Matched ‘/status’ to command name 'getStatus’
[debug] [WD Proxy] Proxying [GET /status] to [GET http://localhost:8300/status] with no body
[WD Proxy] socket hang up
[debug] [Espresso] [Instrumentation] INSTRUMENTATION_RESULT: shortMsg=Process crashed.
[debug] [Espresso] INSTRUMENTATION_CODE: 0
[debug] [WD Proxy] Matched ‘/status’ to command name ‘getStatus’
[debug] [WD Proxy] Proxying [GET /status] to [GET http://localhost:8300/status] with no body
[Espresso] Instrumentation process exited with code 0 from signal null
[Espresso] Espresso server process has been unexpectedly terminated. Check the Appium server log and the logcat output for more details
[debug] [Espresso] Deleting espresso session

Desired capabilities:
platformName: “Android”,
deviceName: “sdk_gphone_x86”,
platformVersion: “11.0”,
automationName: “Espresso”,
app: (File.join(File.dirname(FILE), “app-debug.apk”)),
forceEspressoRebuild: true,
showGradleLog: true,
autoLaunch: true

I see that the Appium app and my test build is installed, but that’s it. I previously did the testing with UiAutomator2 and everything worked fine. Need to change to the Espresso because of the Jetpack Compose. I’m sorry that I’m not able to show You all the logs due to confidentiality, but this is the failing part. The lines in bold repeat 5 times.

1 Like

I’m using the latest eclipse version still getting similar issues
[Espresso] Starting Espresso Server v1.41.0 with cmd: adb shell am instrument -w -e debug false io.appium.espressoserver.test/androidx.test.runner.AndroidJUnitRunner
[Espresso] Waiting up to 45000ms for Espresso server to be online
[Espresso] Instrumentation process exited with code 1 from signal null
[Espresso] Espresso server process has been unexpectedly terminated. Check the Appium server log and the logcat output for more details
[Espresso] Restoring hidden api policy to the device default configuration

1 Like