Not able to setup Webdriveragent

Hi All,

I am trying to setup XCUItest framework for my ios device, but while setting up the WebdriverAgent runner i am getting below mentioned error:

"******* Building scheme “RoutingHTTPServer iOS” in RoutingHTTPServer.xcodeproj

A shell task (/usr/bin/xcrun lipo -create /Users/dkviksar/Library/Caches/org.carthage.CarthageKit/DerivedData/12.5_12E262/RoutingHTTPServer/v1.0.2/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/RoutingHTTPServer\ iOS/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/UninstalledProducts/iphoneos/RoutingHTTPServer.framework/RoutingHTTPServer /Users/dkviksar/Library/Caches/org.carthage.CarthageKit/DerivedData/12.5_12E262/RoutingHTTPServer/v1.0.2/Build/Products/Release-iphonesimulator/RoutingHTTPServer.framework/RoutingHTTPServer -output /Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/appium-webdriveragent/Carthage/Build/iOS/RoutingHTTPServer.framework/RoutingHTTPServer) failed with exit code 1:

fatal error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/lipo: /Users/dkviksar/Library/Caches/org.carthage.CarthageKit/DerivedData/12.5_12E262/RoutingHTTPServer/v1.0.2/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/RoutingHTTPServer iOS/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/UninstalledProducts/iphoneos/RoutingHTTPServer.framework/RoutingHTTPServer and /Users/dkviksar/Library/Caches/org.carthage.CarthageKit/DerivedData/12.5_12E262/RoutingHTTPServer/v1.0.2/Build/Products/Release-iphonesimulator/RoutingHTTPServer.framework/RoutingHTTPServer have the same architectures (arm64) and can’t be in the same fat output file

Building universal frameworks with common architectures is not possible. The device and simulator slices for “RoutingHTTPServer” both build for: arm64

Rebuild with --use-xcframeworks to create an xcframework bundle instead."

Can someone please help me with this?

Best Regards,
Sonia

The problem you are facing is that the WebDriverAgent needs to be updated for XCFramework. See here for more info:

So what are the solutions?

1. Go back to Xcode 11. This is the easiest.
  2. Try to muck around with WebDriverAgent code. Unadvised
  3. Wait for WebDriverAgent to update code.

I’ve looked at the pull requests for WebDriverAgent here:

And I don’t see anything that addresses this issue, so in addition to the above I would suggest that you file a bug.