org/openqa/selenium/remote/internal/JsonToWebElementConverter

Getting this error :
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openqa/selenium/remote/internal/JsonToWebElementConverter
at com.intellij.rt.testng.RemoteTestNGStarter.main(RemoteTestNGStarter.java:109)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.openqa.selenium.remote.internal.JsonToWebElementConverter
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:636)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:182)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:519)

My code
DesiredCapabilities capabilities = new DesiredCapabilities();
capabilities.setCapability(“platformName”, “android”);
capabilities.setCapability(“platformVersion”, “9”);
capabilities.setCapability(“deviceName”,device_ip+":5555");
capabilities.setCapability(“automationName”,“uiAutomator2”);
capabilities.setCapability(“newCommandTimeout”, “45000”);
capabilities.setCapability(“noReset”,true);
driver = new AndroidDriver(new URL(“http://127.0.0.1:4723/wd/hub”),capabilities);

Getting error at line new AndriodDriver

This error started to come after I upgraded Selenium version to 4.0.0 & Appium Java Client 7.6.0.

Any suggestion, how to solve it

This is expected. Consider witching to v8-beta of java client

I tried switching to 8.0.0-beta, but no luck.

io.appium
java-client
8.0.0-beta

Getting compilation error for line public AppiumDriver driver;

Version 8 of the client has several breaking changes. Make sure you follow the migration guide

Thanks for prompt response. Is Appium 8.0 changes stable? Commit is done recently. Do you have any example project which uses Appium 8.x jar file? I have a single framework which is used for Web apps as well mobile app testing. Recently, I upgraded Selenium version to 4.0, it started to break.

Mostly they are, but it’s still in beta, which means that some more changes are possible. Unfortunately there is currently no other way to use Selenium 4 with Appium java client.

true. A query out of curiosity, why do we need so many breaking changes in Appium 8.0? What are the problems it is solving?

These changes are mostly related to the foundation fixes in the internal library architecture. They would make it possible to solve issues similar to https://github.com/appium/java-client/issues/1455

I am following migration doc, could not find detail about methods like hideKeyboard(), launchApp(), closeApp() mobileelement.getId() etc. Do we have list of methods/class which have been deprecated & new alternatives available?

Hi,
Did you find the way to solve this issue yet??
I aslo got this issue an have no idea about it.
Please help!!

I wrote about this on linkedin