Returned value cannot be converted to WebElement on iOS 11.3 with Appium 1.8.0

I update appium version and ios version of device, Not its shows error “Returned value cannot be converted to WebElement” but with iOS -10.2 is working .
Application launched in iOS 11.3 but not click on an element.
" Returned value cannot be converted to WebElement: {stacktrace=NoSuchElementError: An element could not be located on the page using the given search parameters.(…)"

Appium- 1.8.0Appiumlogs.txt (38.2 KB)
PomFile.txt (7.3 KB)

iOS- 11.3
Xcode- 9.3

Please find attache pom file and full logs file.

I am getting the same problem on Android on our CI builds using Appium 1.8.0
Looking at the screenshot when the error occurred the view is mid transition.
I will attempt to add a wait in to ensure the view is fully loaded and stopped it’s transition.
However I do not think this should be a workaround as my implicitlywait is set at 30 seconds and the failure happens in <1 second.

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Returned value cannot be converted to WebElement: {stacktrace=NoSuchElementError: An element could not be located on the page using the given search parameters.
at AndroidUiautomator2Driver.callee$0$0$ (/usr/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-android-driver/lib/commands/find.js:69:13)
at tryCatch (/usr/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:67:40)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke [as _invoke] (/usr/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:315:22)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.prototype.(anonymous function) [as throw] (/usr/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:100:21)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke (/usr/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:136:37)
at , error=no such element, message=An element could not be located on the page using the given search parameters.}
Build info: version: ‘3.6.0’, revision: ‘6fbf3ec767’, time: ‘2017-09-27T15:28:36.4Z’
System info: host: ‘t20180503141104-br-cont-prod-c2-x–host-ondemand-android-085’, ip: ‘10.240.0.17’, os.name: ‘Linux’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘4.4.0-57-generic’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_162’
Driver info: driver.version: AppiumDriver

have you got any solution. i am facing the same problem

I just upgraded to Appium Desktop 1.8 today, and I also see the same problem with my Android framework. Every test fails with the below message. Did something get deprecated (or broken) in 1.8?

Host OS- Mac 10.11.4
Appium Server 1.7.2 (installed via Appium Desktop 1.8)
Android Device - 7.0
Other tools used in framework- Cucumber, TestNG

Returned value cannot be converted to WebElement: {stacktrace=NoSuchElementError: An element could not be located on the page using the given search parameters.

Sorry, that should be Appium Desktop 1.6.1 above

Hello
What version of java-clint you use? try java-client 6.0.0-BETA5

I faced same issue, Appium 1.8 does not support cssselctor.

Solution: Use Appium 1.7.1 OR change CSSSlector to ID/XPATH.

i tried with java 6.0.0-BETA5 but face same problem

Any one have solution for it ?, if have pls share