Robotframework Appium 'Open Application' keyword not found

Hi there!

So I just started to play around with appium via robotframwork appiumlibrary and I have encountered a blocker - though I searched forum hopefully well didn’t find anything kind alike. The thing is that despite my AppiumLibrary import doesn’t return an error the most basic keyword which is ‘Open Application’ cannot be found by the interpreter.

I have latest appium installed globally, also having my appium server ran from the terminal.

Hope some of you could see thing I overlooked or know probable reason for this.

Error:
No keyword with name ‘Open Application’ found.

Code:
*** Settings ***
Library AppiumLibrary

*** Variables ***
${REMOTE_URL} http://localhost:4723/wd/hub
${PLATFORM_NAME} iOS
${PLATFORM_VERSION} 4.2.2
${DEVICE_NAME} Android Emulator
${APP} MyApp.app

*** Test Cases ***
Open My App
Open My Application

*** Keywords ***
Open my Application
Open Application http://127.0.0.1:4723/ automationName=${ANDROID_AUTOMATION_NAME}
… platformName=iOS platformVersion=14.0 deviceName=${DEVICE_NAME}
… app=${APP} appPackage=io.appium.android.apis appActivity=.app.SearchInvoke

Now I found that there is some import problem at the beginning of the log. Probably that’s where the script fails then. I checked and everything is installed as needed and python interpreter of the project is in the path. Here’s full error message:

Error in file ‘/Users/leszek/Documents/CODING/PROJECTS/APPIUM_STIMY_RESEARCH/open_app.robot’ on line 2: Importing library ‘AppiumLibrary’ failed: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘appium.webdriver.common.touch_action’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/leszek/Documents/CODING/PROJECTS/APPIUM_STIMY_RESEARCH/lib/python3.9/site-packages/AppiumLibrary/init.py”, line 4, in
from AppiumLibrary.keywords import *
File “/Users/leszek/Documents/CODING/PROJECTS/APPIUM_STIMY_RESEARCH/lib/python3.9/site-packages/AppiumLibrary/keywords/init.py”, line 9, in
from ._touch import _TouchKeywords
File “/Users/leszek/Documents/CODING/PROJECTS/APPIUM_STIMY_RESEARCH/lib/python3.9/site-packages/AppiumLibrary/keywords/_touch.py”, line 3, in
from appium.webdriver.common.touch_action import TouchAction
PYTHONPATH:
/Users/leszek/Documents/CODING/PROJECTS/APPIUM_STIMY_RESEARCH/bin
/usr/local/Cellar/[email protected]/3.9.18_2/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python39.zip
/usr/local/Cellar/[email protected]/3.9.18_2/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9
/usr/local/Cellar/[email protected]/3.9.18_2/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/lib-dynload
/Users/leszek/Documents/CODING/PROJECTS/APPIUM_STIMY_RESEARCH/lib/python3.9/site-packages

There is a pretty good topic on this over on the Robot Framework board: