ADB cannot find some Emulators after upgrading to appium 1.6.0 on Mac

After upgrading to appium 1.6.0 my custom emulators as well as some of the more standard ones like Nexus 6P are no longer able to be launched when running a test with Appium. If I switch back to appium 1.5.3 I am able to both see and launch my whole list. Here is the current message it is sending me:

[Appium] Welcome to Appium v1.6.0
[Appium] Appium REST http interface listener started on 0.0.0.0:4723
[HTTP] --> GET /wd/hub/status {}
[MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.getStatus() with args: []
[MJSONWP] Responding to client with driver.getStatus() result: {"build":{"version":"1.6.0"...
[HTTP] <-- GET /wd/hub/status 200 11 ms - 83 
[HTTP] --> POST /wd/hub/session {"desiredCapabilities":{"app":"/Users/tate/git/qaautomation/target/classes/tatetest.apk","appPackage":"com.tate.android","intentAction":"android.intent.action.VIEW","recordVideo":true,"deviceName":"Galaxy_S7_API_23","avd":"Galaxy_S7_API_23","appActivity":"com.tate.main.ui.activity.MainActivity","newCommandTimeout":900,"platformVersion":"4.4","recordScreenshots":true,"platformName":"Android","optionalIntentArguments":"-e uri 'tate://com.tate.mobile/home/'"}}
[MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.createSession() with args: [{"app":"/Users/tate/git...
[Appium] Creating new AndroidDriver session
[Appium] Capabilities:
[Appium]   app: '/Users/tate/git/qaautomation/target/classes/tatetest.apk'
[Appium]   appPackage: 'com.tate.android'
[Appium]   intentAction: 'android.intent.action.VIEW'
[Appium]   recordVideo: true
[Appium]   deviceName: 'Galaxy_S7_API_23'
[Appium]   avd: 'Galaxy_S7_API_23'
[Appium]   appActivity: 'com.tate.main.ui.activity.MainActivity'
[Appium]   newCommandTimeout: 900
[Appium]   platformVersion: '6.0'
[Appium]   recordScreenshots: true
[Appium]   platformName: 'Android'
[Appium]   optionalIntentArguments: '-e uri \'tate://com.tate.mobile/home/\''
[BaseDriver] The following capabilities were provided, but are not recognized by appium: recordVideo, recordScreenshots.
[BaseDriver] Session created with session id: b9525d5c-8372-46b7-bd88-f011b1c665f7
[debug] [AndroidDriver] Getting Java version
[AndroidDriver] Java version is: 1.8.0_112
[ADB] Checking whether adb is present
[ADB] Using adb from /Users/tate/Library/Android/sdk/platform-tools/adb
[debug] [ADB] Trying to find Galaxy_S7_API_23 emulator
[debug] [ADB] Getting connected emulators
[debug] [ADB] Getting connected devices...
[debug] [ADB] 0 device(s) connected
[debug] [ADB] 0 emulator(s) connected
[debug] [ADB] Emulator Galaxy_S7_API_23 not running
[debug] [ADB] Launching Emulator with AVD Galaxy_S7_API_23, launchTimeout60000 ms and readyTimeout 60000 ms
[ADB] Checking whether emulator is present
[ADB] Using emulator from /Users/tate/Library/Android/sdk/tools/emulator
[ADB] Checking whether android is present
[ADB] Using android from /Users/tate/Library/Android/sdk/tools/android
[ADB] Error: Avd 'Galaxy_S7_API_23' is not available. please select your avd name from one of these: '(Galaxy_Nexus_API_25), (Nexus_4_API_25), (Nexus_5_API_25), (Nexus_6_API_25), (Nexus_One_API_25), (Nexus_S_API_25)'
    at Object.wrappedLogger.errorAndThrow (lib/logger.js:60:13)
    at ADB.callee$0$0$ (lib/tools/system-calls.js:416:9)
    at tryCatch (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:67:40)
    at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke [as _invoke] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:315:22)
    at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:100:21)
    at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:136:37)

You can see in the error that it is only showing this list of emulators: ‘(Galaxy_Nexus_API_25), (Nexus_4_API_25), (Nexus_5_API_25), (Nexus_6_API_25), (Nexus_One_API_25), (Nexus_S_API_25)’

If I look in Android Studio I have 9 emulators.Here is a picture of my current emulators in Android Studio:

If I manually launch the emulators not in the ADB list and run a test then everything works fine but if I let appium launch the emulator itself it cannot find some of the emulators on the list. Is this a known issue or is there any known fix for this?

Other info that may be needed:
Android Studio 2.2.2
Appium 1.6.0
appium java-client 4.1.2
node v6.9.1
java version 1.8.0_112
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.36
Mac OS 10.11.6

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,

Tate

I was successfully able to get the android emulator to open correctly.

When your creating a device, don’t select a System Image that included (with Google API). The issue must have something to do with Google API.