ADB Connection over Office Network

I’m hoping some of you guys might have experience with this. We are using Appium to automate Android devices at my company. But, we want to set up a lab of devices that can be used by both onshore and offshore resources. In order to write the Appium/Selenium code, these folks will need to be able to connect adb directly to a device that is connected via USB to a different computer on the network.

So, computer 1 would be sitting in a data center with a USB hub with a bunch of Android devices connected. Computer 2 might be in a completely different location but would need to connect to this device over the network.

I’ve seen instructions to do adb wifi connections, but not how to do it over the network. Also, it seems appium only finds devices connected to the local machine.

I know this might not be specifically Appium related, but I hope some of you might have experience you can share.

Thanks,
Adam

Use java server where adb is and from client side fire events to use adb. I have done it successfully.

@a2burns you can use selenium grid to connect appium nodes with device configuration that they have physically connected and you can send request to grid which has nodes connected with the device name and os.