Android 13 Custom Launcher application is not launched via Appium 2.0

We are having an Custom App launcher application(Similar like Samsung One ui) in our company and when I try to run the Automation execution for the Launcher app am getting this error “Activity used to start app doesn’t exist or cannot be launched! Make sure it exists and is a launchable activity”.

The activityName and packageName is correct and it works well on Android 11,10,9 devices. Someone help on the same. Thanks

enable debug Appium logs and you will see what activity visible instead.

@Aleksei Thanks for the response. I Tried executing but guess the activity name remains the same. Attaching the logs for reference.

Same package and Activityname is working well on the Android lower versions

appiumLogs.txt (375.0 KB)

double check that this is correct FULL name

com.trimble.ttm.applauncher.stg/com.trimble.ttm.applauncher.ux.activities.MainActivity

you can check also for this name in Android logcat after you manually start app.

Hi @Aleksei . yes am using the Same activity and Package name , but still its not been able to launch the Application on Android 13 alone. This is an Home Launcher application, which wont be listed on the Samsung Ui appdrawer as like an Standalone application.

once again: check logcat logs OR ask your android developers

1 Like

one more info to be noted. We are giving the below actions since its an Launcher app.

>     <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
>     <category android:name="android.intent.category.HOME" />
>     <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />

But it works well for me if the is replaced with this

FYR

is your issue solved ?

No @Sainadh_Reddy still facing it

no matter. add logcat logs to see details.

I am also facing this issue with android 13 devices. below versions are working fine.

@Sainadh_Reddy @Aleksei the issue resolved for me.

I have added the following caps and its worked for me.
capability.setCapability(“intentCategory”,“android.intent.category.HOME”);

Thanks for the update. It is working for me too.

this is something special for your app. nice that solved !

1 Like