Android Native App: Cannot Able to Scroll Horizontal the Second RecyclerView appearing in the Screen

Test Step1:

Perform a Vertical Scroll, till the targeted widget header is visible in the screen

Test Step2:
Perform a horizontal scroll in the recyclerview inside the widget, where the widget appears as second recycler view in the screen

Note: There is no unique id for recyclerview and textview. Really stuck with this issue for more than 2 days

Environment : I am try to automate the Music Android Native App using Appium Desktop 1.6.2,JavaCLient6 and Android 7.1.1

Vertical Scroll Code Snippet:(works fine, using UiScrollable and UiSelector)

driver.findElement(MobileBy.AndroidUIAutomator(“new UiScrollable(new UiSelector().scrollable(true).className(“android.widget.LinearLayout”)).scrollIntoView(new UiSelector().resourceId(“com.touchtunes.android:id/home_widget_header”).text(“HOT AT MONTREAL RECEPTION ANGELINA”))”));

Horizontal Scroll Code Snippet:(the code below, scrolls only the first recycler view, which i wanted to scroll the second recycler view)

driver.findElement(MobileBy.AndroidUIAutomator(“new UiScrollable(new UiSelector().scrollable(true).className(“android.support.v7.widget.RecyclerView”)).setAsHorizontalList().scrollIntoView(new UiSelector().resourceId(“com.touchtunes.android:id/item_hot_songs_song”).text(“Hotline Bling”))”)).click();

hey there @kamalesh_palanisamy,

My method might help (using your example) :

*I separate into 2 steps, scroll and find text, then click text

driver.findElement(MobileBy.AndroidUIAutomator(“new UiScrollable(new UiSelector().scrollable(true).className(“android.support.v7.widget.RecyclerView”)).setAsHorizontalList().scrollIntoView(new UiSelector().resourceId(“com.touchtunes.android:id/item_hot_songs_song”).text(“Hotline Bling”))”));

driver.findElementByXPath("//*[contains(@text,‘Hotline Bling’)]").click();