Appium 1.6.0 Released

is it possible to use Xpath to locate elements in windows application using Appium 1.6.0?

@gretes you have appium iOS inspector in github …

Thanks @pavanbachu, But i need it for windows application…Can u pls clarify.

Can someone please let me know how to install Appium 1.6.0?

Hi,

I am getting following error while running ios simulator -

[debug] [XCUITest] Installing app ‘/Users/imac5kteststation/Documents/testView_App/testView.app’ on device
[XCUITest] Using WDA path: ‘/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent’
[XCUITest] Using WDA agent: ‘/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/WebDriverAgent.xcodeproj’
[XCUITest] Launching WebDriverAgent on the device
[debug] [XCUITest] Carthage found: /usr/local/bin/carthage
[debug] [XCUITest] Running WebDriverAgent bootstrap script to install dependencies
[XCUITest] Error: Command ‘/bin/bash Scripts/bootstrap.sh -d’ exited with code 1
at ChildProcess. (…/…/lib/teen_process.js:66:19)
at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:877:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:226:5)
{ Error: Command ‘/bin/bash Scripts/bootstrap.sh -d’ exited with code 1
at ChildProcess. (…/…/lib/teen_process.js:66:19)
at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:877:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:226:5)
stdout: ‘\u001b[1mFetching dependencies\n*** Downloading KissXML.framework binary at “5.0.5”\n’,
stderr: ‘Failed to write to /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/Carthage/Build/iOS: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 “You don’t have permission to save the file “iOS” in the folder “Build”.” UserInfo={NSFilePath=/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/Carthage/Build/iOS, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fc9a543b4a0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=13 “Permission denied”}}\n’,
code: 1 }
[XCUITest] Shutting down sub-processes
[debug] [XCUITest] Running iOS simulator reset flow

Desired Capabilities –

DesiredCapabilities cap = new DesiredCapabilities();

File app = new File("/Users/imac5k/Documents/testView_App/testView.app");
	cap.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.PLATFORM_VERSION, "10.0");
	cap.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.PLATFORM_NAME, "iOS");
	cap.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.DEVICE_NAME, "iPhone 7 Plus");
	cap.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.AUTOMATION_NAME,"XCUITest");
	cap.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.BROWSER_NAME, "");
	cap.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.APP, app.getAbsolutePath());

IOSDriver driver = new IOSDriver(new URL("http://14.122.34.333:4723/wd/hub"),cap);

Could anyone tell what is the issue here?

Have you installed Carthage too? Its a new dependency for running XCUI based tests. If not, you can do “npm install -g carthage” from terminal. Also by looking at the error I guess you might not have done “authorize-ios” from terminal. If not installed you will have to do “npm install -g authorize-ios” and then “authorize-ios”.
This link might be of further help:

Hi Guys, Just wanted to know if, Webview_undefined issue ( #6627) https://github.com/appium/appium/issues/6627, has been addressed by this built?

Hi
Is it possible to have Appium1.6.0 with graphical interface, i got stuck trying to make it work with command line

hi can you provide me the liknk for appium 1.6.2 version

There is no link, you must install it via npm.

help me out …how to update to appium 1.6.2 version by using npm. is there any specific commands?

Assuming you already have 1.6 installed and working, along with it’s dependencies, I believe all you need to do is run: npm install -g [email protected] --no-shrinkwrap from terminal.

sorry… in my appium latest updates it showing 1.5 version and don’t know
how to download and install 1.6 version… please help me out ,how should
i download and install for 1.6 appium version

@reddys There is currently no link to download or .dmg/.exe to install for Appium 1.6.X and there is currently no GUI. You must install it via terminal/command line. Assuming you are on MAC there is step by step guide in this thread that has been posted several times:

You can also search the forum for several other threads on how to install 1.6.

Once you have installed 1.6 and verified its working, you can update to 1.6.2 by npm install -g [email protected] --no-shrinkwrap

HI… is there any link for PYTHON APPIUM 1.6 VERSION

Both are different. You can download and setup Appium 1.6 separately (Appium 1.6.3 is available now). For Python you can download the client libraries from this link - http://appium.io/downloads.html

first in your cmd type
npm config set strict-ssl false
and then try to install again
After installation use
npm config set strict-ssl true

i can able to seen one Python client for Appium 1.5 version… i CAN’t able to see 1.6 version…please help me out

please help me out… i have mac environment… i need to update my PYTHON APPIUM 1.6 VERSION… how to do it from terminal…please help me out.(i am looking for PYTHON version)

Can anybody help me out here? I got error:

INFO: A new session could not be created. The desiredCapabilities object was not valid for the following reason(s): automationName XCUITest not part of Appium,Selendroid,WebDriverAgent.

and I have installed all the dependencies mentioned in appium-xcuitest-driver document, still got no luck

Appium:1.6.3
Xcode: 8.1
iOS: 9.3.5
java-client: 4.1.2

Thank you