Appium 1.6.0 Released

Your webdriver agent needs to be linked with provisioning profile , the
config should be given as capability

Can anyone let me know how to automate scroll down feature in windows UWP application?
What is the syntax to be used?

Thanks in Advance.

I am trying to instal appium 1.6 on windows 10 but unable to succeed through a command line .
npm install -g [email protected]

. getting following error

Hi Guys,

Just want to know if my simulator iOS app is build with iOS sdk 10.2 using xcode 8.X
would it be possible for me to run my test on that app installing it in simulator iPhone6(9.3) which is from xcode 7.3.1 with appium 1.6.3

For trying this i gave automation name capability as “XCUITest”
launched my simulator iPhone6(9.3) which is from xcode 7.3.1 and installed the app on it. And set used the capability no-reset in my appium server

While running the test i am getting the configuration error

Original error: Could not update plist: Plist file doesn’t exist: ‘/info.plist’

Can you please help me on this ?

Actually, I was asking about installing Appium with the GUI as it’s the case for Appium 1.5.3: https://bitbucket.org/appium/appium.app/downloads/

Appium GUI version for 1.6 is not available as of now. Maybe the moderators will have some answers on by when it will be released. Till then we will have to use the non GUI version if we want to use Appium 1.6.x

@vijay.alapati Could you tell me how you resolve the issue?

Can anyone tell me how to replace the default app(integration app) by my own test app? please provide steps… i wonder and appreciate if anyone can reply… Thanks in advance!

You are talking about system app?

regular adb install command with -r should be enough:

adb install -r your_app.apk

No i am asking that on MAC IOS, WebdriverAgent.xcodeproject has “integration app” right, it is test app. how do i can test my own app? how do i can include my own app with Webdriveragent folder?
my app is getting installed, but not opened, if i use
“bundleid” as “com.myown.app” instead of “com.facebook.IntegrationApps” and i already used my own app path for installing.

Could you please provide details step for appium 1.6.0. So,I can setup in my mac machine.

I wrote a blog post for this purpose. I hope this will help.

Hi upendra , IT is still not working

*Log
Last login: Fri Feb 3 12:53:26 on ttys003
CISM-MACMINI-20:~ cis$ sudo npm install -g appium@latest
Password:
/usr/local/bin/appium → /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/build/lib/main.js

[email protected] install /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/sqlite3
node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build

[sqlite3] Success: “/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/binding/node-v48-darwin-x64/node_sqlite3.node” is installed via remote

[email protected] install /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-chromedriver
node install-npm.js

info Chromedriver Install Installing Chromedriver version ‘2.25’ for platform ‘mac’ and architecture ‘64’
info Chromedriver Install Opening temp file to write chromedriver_mac64 to…
info Chromedriver Install Downloading https://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/2.25/chromedriver_mac64.zip…
RequestError: Error: self signed certificate in certificate chain
at new RequestError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/request-promise/lib/errors.js:11:15)
at Request.RP$callback [as _callback] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/request-promise/lib/rp.js:60:32)
at self.callback (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/request/request.js:186:22)
at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
at Request.emit (events.js:188:7)
at Request.onRequestError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/request/request.js:845:8)
at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:188:7)
at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:310:9)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:188:7)
at emitErrorNT (net.js:1278:8)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:74:11)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:98:9)
/usr/local/lib
└── (empty)

npm ERR! Darwin 16.3.0
npm ERR! argv “/usr/local/bin/node” “/usr/local/bin/npm” “install” “-g” “appium@latest”
npm ERR! node v6.9.5
npm ERR! npm v3.10.10
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! [email protected] install: node install-npm.js
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] install script ‘node install-npm.js’.
npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the appium-chromedriver package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! node install-npm.js
npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
npm ERR! npm bugs appium-chromedriver
npm ERR! Or if that isn’t available, you can get their info via:
npm ERR! npm owner ls appium-chromedriver
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /Users/cis/npm-debug.log
npm ERR! code 1
CISM-MACMINI-20:~ cis$ npm config set strict-ssl false
CISM-MACMINI-20:~ cis$ sudo npm install -g appium@latest
/usr/local/bin/appium → /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/build/lib/main.js

[email protected] install /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/sqlite3
node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build

[sqlite3] Success: “/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/binding/node-v48-darwin-x64/node_sqlite3.node” is installed via remote

[email protected] install /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-chromedriver
node install-npm.js

info Chromedriver Install Installing Chromedriver version ‘2.25’ for platform ‘mac’ and architecture ‘64’
info Chromedriver Install Opening temp file to write chromedriver_mac64 to…
info Chromedriver Install Downloading https://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/2.25/chromedriver_mac64.zip…
RequestError: Error: self signed certificate in certificate chain
at new RequestError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/request-promise/lib/errors.js:11:15)
at Request.RP$callback [as _callback] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/request-promise/lib/rp.js:60:32)
at self.callback (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/request/request.js:186:22)
at Request.emit (events.js:188:7)
at Request.onRequestError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/request/request.js:845:8)
at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:188:7)
at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:310:9)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:188:7)
at emitErrorNT (net.js:1278:8)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:74:11)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:98:9)
/usr/local/lib
└── (empty)

npm ERR! Darwin 16.3.0
npm ERR! argv “/usr/local/bin/node” “/usr/local/bin/npm” “install” “-g” “appium@latest”
npm ERR! node v6.9.5
npm ERR! npm v3.10.10
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! [email protected] install: node install-npm.js
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] install script ‘node install-npm.js’.
npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the appium-chromedriver package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! node install-npm.js
npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
npm ERR! npm bugs appium-chromedriver
npm ERR! Or if that isn’t available, you can get their info via:
npm ERR! npm owner ls appium-chromedriver
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /Users/cis/npm-debug.log
npm ERR! code 1
CISM-MACMINI-20:~ cis$ npm config set strict-ssl true

Please try installing with Node 7.5

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

Please walk-through the steps to automate apps on windows platform

1. What should be the value for DeviceName capability when used for device and emulator like we give ‘WindowsPC’ for running apps on Windows 10 desktop
  2. How to install a new .appx file.
  3. It would be very helpful if you could summarize all the desired capabilities available for Windows platform

Please let us know about automating UWP app on Windows 10 mobile.

1. I have a UWP app installed in my Windows 10 mobile phone. Please give some insights on setting the desired capabilities for Windows 10 mobile phone.

2. I have automated the same UWP app on Windows 10 desktop using Appium. The same is to be automated in Windows 10 mobile. I am stuck as to how to set the desired capabilities so that it understands that the automation has to be started on mobile.

3. For Windows 10 desktop automation of the UWP app, I have WinAppDriver installed on the desktop. Is there any other driver that I need to install for doing the same on Windows mobile or the same WinAppDriver is required?

4. How do I know the Package name of the UWP app which is installed on Mobile?

It would be of great help if you take some time out and reply to my queries.
Looking forward for your support and cooperation.

Hi Jlipps,

Please let us know whether Appium 1.6.5 support is extended to UWP automation on Windows’10 Mobile phone. Automation of UWP on Win’10 Desktop is already been achieved using Appium v1.6.5 and eager to know the support for real device. Appreciate any help\support\response for this query. It will be of great help.

Thanks & Regards !

Hi Jlipps,

Please confirm if the Appium support is limited to Windows 10 Desktop alone for UWP application automation and if so, kindly let us know Is there any plan for supporting Windows 10 mobile phone automation in future for UWP applications.

Thanks !

Hi Jlipps,

Your response on this helps !! Please confirm on the Windows phone support for UWP application automation from Appium.

Thanks !