Appium 1.8.0 Release

1.6.1 is a updated appium. 1.6.1 is a release version and 1.8.0 is appium version both are same

Any Idea on downgrading the Appium version so that i can run my tests without errors.

Yes, You can run on appium 1.7.2 version but iOS 11 will not work on it .

Hi,

Are those topics described anywhere else?

It sounds really interesting but it would be really great to know what exactly is improved. It’d be nice to know if I have to initiate migration from 1.7.2 to 1.8.0

How can I achieve the migration from 1.8 to 1.7.2. Any reference you got Please Let me know.Thanks!

just run
1.npm uninstall -g appium
2. npm install -g [email protected]

Hi ,

Has someone managed to record iOS real device execution through appium ?

I did manage to start the recording and to stop it , but when it being converted from base64 format to file with mp4 format , the file cannot be opened (getting corrupted error) - this does work for Android tough.

thanks.

No I see that the problem is with ffmpeg package

[ffmpeg] [mjpeg @ 0x7f9583000600] Found EOI before any SOF, ignoring
[ffmpeg] [mjpeg @ 0x7f9583000600] bits 103 is invalid
[ffmpeg] [mjpeg @ 0x7f9581802e00] decoding for stream 0 failed
[ffmpeg]
[ffmpeg] [mjpeg @ 0x7f9581802e00] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: mjpeg, none(bt470bg/unknown/unknown), lossless): unspecified size
[ffmpeg] Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
[ffmpeg] Input #0, mjpeg, from 'http://localhost:9100':
[ffmpeg]   Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A
[ffmpeg]     Stream #0:0: Video: mjpeg, none(bt470bg/unknown/unknown), lossless, 10 tbr, 1200k tbn, 10 tbc
[ffmpeg] Stream mapping:
[ffmpeg]   Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (mjpeg (native) -> mjpeg (native))
[ffmpeg] Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
[ffmpeg] Cannot determine format of input stream 0:0 after EOF
[ffmpeg] Error marking filters as finished
[ffmpeg] Exiting normally, received signal 2.

Any one have a solution for it ?

Thanks